Cocking Pistol With One Hand? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cocking Pistol With One Hand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #101
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3084 Times on 2093 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Default Cocking Pistol With One Hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Lots of people do need a handi-racker. There has to be a way to get the word out that it is available. Right here it's going to be a tough sell. Most of the users in a firearms forum have strong hands.

A couple years ago I picked up a broken Kel Tec P11. I fixed the gun and expected to sell it quick for $150. I put a sign in the Home Depot break room. Several people who are working at Home Depot came and looked at the gun. All of them had problems racking the slide on the P11. If people who lift heavy stuff all day have problems racking a slide the problem is more widespread than any of us might imagine.

I think it's true of lots of Guns John!
My issue is only Part time(if my Nerve issues are acting up, usually In the Cold,..) Otherwise I'm still Pretty good,..
My Better Half, However, Must wear 2 Braces and Gloves on a Bad day just to shoot her Buckmark..
I'm used to lubing Arms to make the actions "Smoother" and easier to operate. She's always liked Revolvers More then Autos anyway...but that should not stop her from shooting them and enjoying them when she wants to...
And: she HATES 2 Things!: One,..when Women show up at the Range Dressed "Improperly", and When Companies Market "Down" to Women...(Pink & Purple Grips!)
Don't Know How Yours Feels about those issues...

As for the Kel-Tec's : They Have some "Great" designs, But Like I said to Their Reps "what good is that when we can't get them anywhere, and when we can,..they are "Double to Triple" the MSRP!..plus they removed a few designs from the market place(The RMR-30 for one)..
That Being what it is,..if CDNN really Has PF-9's & P11's in Stock with Different Color combos,..I'd Love a Gray Frame & Dark Slide P11, and a Messload of Std. & Ext. Mags...

I had been Playing around with different Springs on the LC9(#16 is Std.) in #14, #18, & #20...I wound up putting in a replacement #16... If you have more then 2500 Rds. Through your LCP, I'd suggest a new Spring, even if you don't need one....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 01-26-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I think most women feel the same way, but buy them anyway...which is fine if they are serious shooters and not wearing one to look cool....

Old 01-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #103

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
I like that idea , but in the heat of the moment Im sure id lose track.
It's a skill (counting) which takes patience, but once you

get used to it, you find it helps develop patience, gives

you a rough idea of passed time and proportion, also round counts,

loaded mags,etc.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzgrnMnM View Post
I think most women feel the same way, but buy them anyway...which is fine if they are serious shooters and not wearing one to look cool....

But you heard what the Gal who is a Trainer In Seattle Said(Guns N Lace): "if it gets women in to learn to shoot and Carry for SD(self Defense)...."

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 01-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1520 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 532

CDNN is like a plague to the market place. They advertise everything at half price when they might have two items in stock. I have gotten to the point that I don't even read CDNN's flyers any more. I can advertise guns at half price when I only have two dented/damaged guns in stock.

I called CDNN to ask about a gun. The salesman said out of stock. I asked him about a couple other guns, they were out of stock. I finally asked him do you have any guns in the same price range in stock? He hung up the phone.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
CDNN is like a plague to the market place. They advertise everything at half price when they might have two items in stock. I have gotten to the point that I don't even read CDNN's flyers any more. I can advertise guns at half price when I only have two dented/damaged guns in stock.

I called CDNN to ask about a gun. The salesman said out of stock. I asked him about a couple other guns, they were out of stock. I finally asked him do you have any guns in the same price range in stock? He hung up the phone.

I remember you Posting that a Few Weeks ago. I have never Bought a Gun from them, But Want to Order the GSG-AK-22..
I have never gotten an "Out Of stock" on Mags or accessories until this last time(No M1A/M-14 mags of any Type in Stock)..
They get around it by saying that you need to call for current stock on ANYTHING(catalog Flyers and Shotgun News Ads might not be accurate!) which to me is BS,..but hey thats how they do biz.....If there was anyone else I wouldn't bother with them...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.