Cobray DD
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cobray DD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cobray DD

i have seen these Cobray side by side derringer's in .45LC/.410 and have been wanting to get the 3in model. sovereignguns. com had them and i just turned 21 last week and was going to order one but they dont carry it any more. they have an 11in version that looks like it just has barrel extensions added on to the 3in model. does any one know if these extensions are removable? or another place i could purchase this gun? or where i could find the version that is an over under with a .22 barrel on top and .45/.410 on bottom?
any info will help thank you!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I personally hate derringers. Some of the most unsafe guns made. Especially if it's going to be your first purchase at 21 years old. Take a look at the s&w governor if you want something that shoots .45lc and .410. Otherwise I would look at a better pocket pistol such as a kahr, s&w shield, XDs, or another snub nose revolver. There are a ton of them to look at. See what feels good in your hand as this in turn determine how accurate you are with it.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #3

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

This is just my opinion.... BUT, back whenever the derringer was first invented, IT WAS the compact pistol of that time period.

But with all of the hundreds of options for compact carry that we have now,i dont even see the appeal for derringers anymore. Y would you want to carry a 2 shot gun in these times that we live in now?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #4

Liked 1907 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

If you are really set on a derringer, I would be thinking Bond Arms or American Derringer. They are both more money. But you really do get what you pay for. Both of the derringers I mention come in .45 colt and .410 shot shell. Just do a google search. They both have their own website.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Agree with ^

I'm a huge derringer fan.. I personally like the ones made by Derringer or Remmington..

Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #6

thanks for the imput guys. it will not be my first handgun. im an IL resident so since our state is about the worst on gun laws im not looking for a carry gun. and im not set on getting one. i just like the difference of a side by side derringer and for the price i figured it might be a fun gun to own.

the bond arms derringers are nice, but for 300 or 400 dollars id defiantly buy alot of other guns first

Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox22
thanks for the imput guys. it will not be my first handgun. im an IL resident so since our state is about the worst on gun laws im not looking for a carry gun. and im not set on getting one. i just like the difference of a side by side derringer and for the price i figured it might be a fun gun to own.

the bond arms derringers are nice, but for 300 or 400 dollars id defiantly buy alot of other guns first
I'm sorry u live in that goofy state I hope they will change those stupid laws someday soon