Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Cobray DD (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/cobray-dd-63311/)

fox22 04-26-2012 04:02 PM

Cobray DD

i have seen these Cobray side by side derringer's in .45LC/.410 and have been wanting to get the 3in model. sovereignguns. com had them and i just turned 21 last week and was going to order one but they dont carry it any more. they have an 11in version that looks like it just has barrel extensions added on to the 3in model. does any one know if these extensions are removable? or another place i could purchase this gun? or where i could find the version that is an over under with a .22 barrel on top and .45/.410 on bottom?
any info will help thank you!

smoooth308 04-26-2012 05:24 PM

I personally hate derringers. Some of the most unsafe guns made. Especially if it's going to be your first purchase at 21 years old. Take a look at the s&w governor if you want something that shoots .45lc and .410. Otherwise I would look at a better pocket pistol such as a kahr, s&w shield, XDs, or another snub nose revolver. There are a ton of them to look at. See what feels good in your hand as this in turn determine how accurate you are with it.

MrWray 04-27-2012 01:10 AM

This is just my opinion.... BUT, back whenever the derringer was first invented, IT WAS the compact pistol of that time period.

But with all of the hundreds of options for compact carry that we have now,i dont even see the appeal for derringers anymore. Y would you want to carry a 2 shot gun in these times that we live in now?

Rick1967 04-27-2012 01:22 AM

If you are really set on a derringer, I would be thinking Bond Arms or American Derringer. They are both more money. But you really do get what you pay for. Both of the derringers I mention come in .45 colt and .410 shot shell. Just do a google search. They both have their own website.

38special 04-28-2012 02:17 AM

Agree with ^

I'm a huge derringer fan.. I personally like the ones made by Derringer or Remmington..

fox22 04-29-2012 06:49 PM

thanks for the imput guys. it will not be my first handgun. im an IL resident so since our state is about the worst on gun laws im not looking for a carry gun. and im not set on getting one. i just like the difference of a side by side derringer and for the price i figured it might be a fun gun to own.

the bond arms derringers are nice, but for 300 or 400 dollars id defiantly buy alot of other guns first

rebelcowboy 04-30-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox22
thanks for the imput guys. it will not be my first handgun. im an IL resident so since our state is about the worst on gun laws im not looking for a carry gun. and im not set on getting one. i just like the difference of a side by side derringer and for the price i figured it might be a fun gun to own.

the bond arms derringers are nice, but for 300 or 400 dollars id defiantly buy alot of other guns first

I'm sorry u live in that goofy state I hope they will change those stupid laws someday soon