Clock Pistols Learning How They Work
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Clock Pistols Learning How They Work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Clock Pistols Learning How They Work

Glock Pistols Personal Note #1 During my study and research I have found the following statements and I am having concerns as to which statements are not true. Can you list which statements are not true so I can identify the ones that are true?
1. The Glock pistol is a double action only handgun.
2. If the Glock pistol misfires or the Glock pistol does not cycle, the trigger cannot be pulled again to fire the gun until you rack (pull back) the slide.
3. Chamfering the sharp edge on the ejection port can help to prevent ejection-problems.
4. The flat coils of the recoil spring on the Glock pistol are designed to coil bind
5. The Glock is a locked breech gun (the barrel and slide are locked together for a short amount of time during their rearward travel, after the gun is fired).
6. The case will not eject if the extractor does not hold the case in place during the slide's rearward travel.
7. The extractor must be able to snap over the rim of a chambered cartridge case.
8. The extractor must go into the slide before the firing pin safety and the firing pin safety spring.
9. The recoil spring assembly is captive.
10. You can change the weight of the trigger pull by changing the type of connector (or cam).
11. Chamfering the bottom edge of the extractor's hook can improve feeding.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2922 Times on 1720 Posts

4 ,8,10. False.
Are you using the forum to cheat on a course?
11- the bottom of the extractor should be chamfered. Does it effect feeding? You tell me. Lol

Last edited by mountainman13; 04-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #3

No, I am trying to understand the reading material that I have plus some books that I am reading. One book has quiz questions but it is not a test or related to any course except for my on-job-training or self-learning progress.

I am new to gunsmithing and do not really understand what Chamfering is or does? So 3 and 11 are false also?

I did some research on what Chamfering is. Chamfering is the process of creating beveled edges in order to connect two surfaces. If the surfaces are at right angles, the chamfer will typically be symmetrical at 45 degrees. So the above statements 3 and 11 can both be false or true depending on how they affect the Glock Gun parts which I do not know. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Hoppy74; 04-11-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Clock Pistol:

Clock Pistols  Learning How They Work - General Handgun Discussion

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA