Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   CLEANING TIME!! - How do you roll? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/cleaning-time-how-do-you-roll-70784/)

LikeABoss 08-21-2012 02:18 AM

CLEANING TIME!! - How do you roll?

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see how you roll.....Dr. LikeABoss....Dr. LikeABoss....Your operating table is ready.....

Dillinger 08-21-2012 03:05 AM

I see your operating table and raise you....

Crest Ultrasonics currently known as "The Lab". ;)

Been cleaning with one since Christmas of 2005 and I haven't looked back. :cool:

Cleaned, probably, 100 plus guns and knives and never had a problem. Got a friend of the SWMBO who is a King County Sheriff, and I have cleaned his ENTIRE Issue Glock (frame, slide, parts and all) on multiple occasions without incident.

If I could put one in every FTF Supporting Member home, I would totally do it! :eek:

JD

LikeABoss 08-21-2012 03:55 AM

Nice gadget but takes something away from the total experience....IMO, then again, I only have 6 guns, if my collection were two or three times that, I might have second thoughts.

c3shooter 08-21-2012 04:02 AM

Not really sure- whatever Raul has the gun boys use when the bearers turn the guns over to them.

Smells a bit like Hoppes and some Eds Red, with a hint of CLP.

PC167 08-22-2012 03:10 PM

I love the smell of hoppes in the morning.!

GaryGlock 08-22-2012 04:30 PM

Haha I have the dollar store version of what u have goin on there..couple cut up towels, toothbrushes, couple q tips, CLP breakfree. I'm careful and get the job done well. I enjoy cleaning my guns.

billt 08-23-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC167 (Post 911902)
I love the smell of hoppes in the morning.!

I used to....Until they changed the formula. Hoppes doesn't smell like Hoppes anymore. I thought mine went bad. I bought a fresh bottle and guess what? No "Hoppes smell". I think they took the Benzene out of it. More "green" nonsense.

Josh1158 08-23-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger
I see your operating table and raise you....

Crest Ultrasonics currently known as "The Lab". ;)

Been cleaning with one since Christmas of 2005 and I haven't looked back. :cool:

Cleaned, probably, 100 plus guns and knives and never had a problem. Got a friend of the SWMBO who is a King County Sheriff, and I have cleaned his ENTIRE Issue Glock (frame, slide, parts and all) on multiple occasions without incident.

If I could put one in every FTF Supporting Member home, I would totally do it! :eek:

JD

Be careful with that. We use thoes to clean parts where I work and they will etch alunimum and brass if left in there for a few mins.

Vincine 08-23-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 910463)
. . . . . . Crest Ultrasonics currently known as "The Lab". ;) . . . . .

Keep your hands out of the cleaner fluid when the ultrasonic is on. Overtime with repetitive use it will fracture your finger bones.

KeysKelly 08-23-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 910516)
Smells a bit like Hoppes and some Eds Red, with a hint of CLP.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Hopes smells like Banana Liquor?