Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Cleaning melonite?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Default Cleaning melonite?

Best way to clean it? Like if the metal of my belt came off on the slide of my gun and wont just rub or scrub off. Thanks, appreciate it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #2

Liked 212 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Guess I treat it like blueing or oxid coating. Use some breakfree to keep from rusting and kb-12 or kroil and breakfree in the bore. If its gets scatched ,oh well. Sorry if not what you wanted to here. Glocks are tennifer ,aka melonite along with s&w m&p series pistols and rifles so you may get a better answer at the S&W forum.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #3

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Guess I treat it like blueing or oxid coating. Use some breakfree to keep from rusting and kb-12 or kroil and breakfree in the bore. If its gets scatched ,oh well. Sorry if not what you wanted to here. Glocks are tennifer ,aka melonite along with s&w m&p series pistols and rifles so you may get a better answer at the S&W forum.
Hmm i could try it. Its the metal from my belt scratched off onto my slide and that wont come off