cheap .22 - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > cheap .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

Then you don't know what you are missing.

Life is too short to deny yourself enjoyment at every opportunity you can find...

Revolvers are one of those opportunities.

No messing with pesky magazines, having to make adjustments on the triggers, loading those pesky magazines, trying to decide what kind of sights to mount on your semi-auto pistol, etc etc...

Revolvers come in three favours ~ fixed sights, adjustable sights, or scoped.
Loading is as easy as opening the gate and pushing out the rounds one at a time, then reloading one at a time (Single Actioned), or pushing the release and cylinder out, then pushing the ejection rod, then either using a speed loader, or moon clips, or putting in the bullets one or two at a time (Double Actioned).

Many revolvers can be fired double action or single actioned. Loading different types of rounds (rated for the revolver) is interchangable ~ rat shot, buck and ball, wadcutters, jacketed hollow points and full metal case.

And cleaning a revolver is an enjoyment upon itself! No disassemble of the weapon, no lost springs or missing pins, just pust the cleaning rod through the barrel and cylinders with cleaning solution, gentle brushing of the cylinder faces, a dry patch or two, then a lightly oiled patch. Viola!

See? Way more fun than you thought!

eldar
Amen, I think revolvers are sexy, semi autos were beaten with an ugly stick... Except some 1911s
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I love my Colt revolver. There is just something about a 6 inch .357 that demands respect. I just wouldn't want to take it into a gunfight having to reload a sixer, even with a speed loader.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #53

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
So, you ignorantly ignore post #20 where I recommended not one, but THREE different .22's that are quality made weapons and so much more dependable than a pot metal throw down but yet at the end of your post, admit your stupidity and show that you did read post #20 and say that Walther's have their share of problems. So which is it? Not to mention that I also agreed with anther poster on his suggestion of a revolver. You could have 1000 years of experience, it wouldn't matter if you are ignorant. The posts I made were to show the OP that the weapons made by those manufacturers are made with subpar materials, aka soft alloys, which have caused such horrendous accidents that the BATFE has issued a letter of warning. Those 9mm pistols are made with the same crap metal as the others. the .380 has had the same problems, and the .22 is the same metal, same makers, same junk that can unintentionally fire and cause serious injury or death. I will NEVER sit by and watch someone recommend someone else buy that piece of dog chit trash for their mother, brother, neighbor or anyone without providing them the education they need. And if you are an NRA instructor, you are part of the problem and they need to revoke your certificate if you still certified for your failure to do your job, educate people to do the right thing. I don't give a dam what you have owned. I don't give a dam about your boasting on an internet forum. The FACT is those are junk. The FACT is they have killed people with malfunctions. The FACT is that a properly maintained weapon has a chance of failure that is so statistically low it's rarely worth discussing and those pieces of garbage have a chance of failing that is so high that they've been put out of business 4 times. The FACTS speak volumes, and your ignorance of them does as well.

The first line. It's not his opinion, it's a fact and has been shown to be so by the ATF, the courts, and the bankruptcies those companies keep having to file.

The second lines. They haven't fixed anything. They are still pot metal. Add one decent alloy, and move the stress to another part of the gun and yet again fail. Again, the bankruptcies from lawsuits continue to state the facts.

The third lines. Lots of manufacturers of many products have recalls. It happens every so often no matter the testing. The difference is they don't file bankruptcy, change names and addresses and reopen selling the EXACT SAME PIECE OF CHIT. They learn from their mistakes and correct them. Hence why they have been in business for over 100 years, not 5 years under a new incarnation.

The amount of ignorance on the topic here is astonishing. Anyone that would recommend that trash is the type that continues to propagate for those subpar weapons which continue to cause unnecessary deaths which in turn, continue to give more reasons to the anti-gun lobby to continue fighting for a complete ban on weapons due to the unintended deaths caused therein. It's those few that cause the rest of us to have to fight vehemently for our continued rights to own, and shoot our weapons.
No.

The fact is that you are a biased gun snob.

The .22 caliber weapons produced by these companies are not the 'dangerous' weapons you have made them out to be.

The larger calibers have been proven to produce too high gas pressure for the Bryco, Jennings weapons and they are not with us anymore.

Quit mixing apples with bananas.

I have owned and still own and shoot regularly my .22 caliber (two Phoenix HP-22A's) weapons with zero fear of something catastrophic from happening because the gas pressures produced by .22 caliber weapons is well within the abilities of the metal used in the manufacture of these firearms.

The problems happen when owners abuse their weapons. IE, shooting hi-velocity or hyper velocity ammunition in a firearm designed for standard ammunition only.

Not following the manufacturer's directions is neglect of the highest order.

Secondly, get off the kick in comparing .22 caliber weapons to .380 ACP and 9mm weapons. Even you should be able to recognize the differences between the two. We are still talking about .22 caliber weapons.

Third, your stupidity is what lead to this raking over the coals by me. I ignored nothing posted on this thread. I addressed it in order of precedence.

Fourth, everybody exhibits degrees of ignorance. Look at your own inability to keep this discussion limited to the thread ~ .22 caliber weapons.

eldar
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #54

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post

No.

The fact is that you are a biased gun snob.

The .22 caliber weapons produced by these companies are not the 'dangerous' weapons you have made them out to be.

The larger calibers have been proven to produce too high gas pressure for the Bryco, Jennings weapons and they are not with us anymore.

Quit mixing apples with bananas.

I have owned and still own and shoot regularly my .22 caliber (two Phoenix HP-22A's) weapons with zero fear of something catastrophic from happening because the gas pressures produced by .22 caliber weapons is well within the abilities of the metal used in the manufacture of these firearms.

The problems happen when owners abuse their weapons. IE, shooting hi-velocity or hyper velocity ammunition in a firearm designed for standard ammunition only.

Not following the manufacturer's directions is neglect of the highest order.

Secondly, get off the kick in comparing .22 caliber weapons to .380 ACP and 9mm weapons. Even you should be able to recognize the differences between the two. We are still talking about .22 caliber weapons.

Third, your stupidity is what lead to this raking over the coals by me. I ignored nothing posted on this thread. I addressed it in order of precedence.

Fourth, everybody exhibits degrees of ignorance. Look at your own inability to keep this discussion limited to the thread ~ .22 caliber weapons.

eldar
I don't think he wants to understand man, but nice try. It's nice to see someone intelligent and logically sound of mind in here!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6617 Times on 3686 Posts
Likes Given: 6284

Play nice, boyz or you'll get sent to your room!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #56

What you are failing to realize, is that you are recommending weapons made from the same crap materials. A crappy concoction of metal is just that, whether you use it for 500 magnum or a .177 pellet gun. The fact is (and you keep ignoring) that each and everyone of those manufacturers did nothing more than buy the bankrupted previous company and all their capacity and begin yet again reproducing the same junk. You think I'm a gun snob because I refuse to sit back and watch people give piss poor advice on the worst handguns made. Just because the rest of the folks reading this don't want to get involved in this doesn't mean they don't agree. I'm not the only poster who has said these are crap. I think HiPoint makes junk as well, but at least their junk isn't likely to kill someone unintentionally.

And you did neglect to read what I posted. You very frankly said I had ignored the question of the .22. If your memory is lacking, let me refresh it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast
And several have offered different makes and models, all .22 caliber EXCEPT you.
I'm pretty sure that is self explanatory. Now, let me refresh you as to post #20, which was my first post on the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalpatton
Don't buy some hunk of junk. Some great .22's are the Walther P22, the Ruger SR22, and the Sig Mosquito.
Now, as any 4th grader can see, you are ignoring the fact that you were being ignorant and didn't read the posts. If you can't read that, for what it is, you shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm because you are incompetent.

Jimenez is simply the latest incarnation of Jennings, which was the after company of Bryco Arms (and Lorcin and all the other names they've used to dupe people into thinking it was something other than the piece of trash that was discontinued because of product liability lawsuits that repeatedly bankrupt them) (Both of which, also, were bankrupted by lawsuits from selling UNSAFE weapons...FACT) The stories of failures are endless on the design of all of their products, including the .22. I used the 9mm and .380 as simple examples. The .22 is no less dangerous with all the same inherent problems of the other calibers.

An excert from a fellow unfortunate enough to find out after purchase.
"My wife asked for a carry pistol. Mine is a .22lr and I decided to get the same caliber for her. (caliber isn't the issue here, no need to talk about that)
At a gun show I picked up a Jennings .22 SA. It was pretty much a trade and I don't really have any money involved. I didn't study the gun very much but the trade only involved a $45.00 item I had paid almost nothing for originally. I took it home fired some test rounds through, reloaded and locked in the safe until wifey gets or carry permit. A couple years later she still hasn't gotten the permit. I recently took it out to shoot and clean. Would not function at all. I mean not at all. It wouldn't shoot, I couldn't pull the slide. By nothing, I mean nothing. So yesterday I, very carefully, (live round in chamber) started disassembling. What I discovered borders on horrific. This has to be one of the poorest designed, most cheaply made guns I have ever seen. Everything flimsy and loose fitting. The problem was caused by rough edges of the grip inlay interfering with the safety lever and the flimsy actuating spring it operates. The fix was simple. I told a gunsmith friend about this and he was not surprised. Over the years he has replaced hundreds of firing pins on this model but won't do it anymore. He now refuses to even take them into the shop. This model is sold under many names. Jennings and Raven are just two. I know this is America but it seems some sort of quality standards should exist. Do avoid these junkers they are, IMHO, dangerous. "

Is this the mistreated type you speak of? The one that isn't cared for hence it's failure? Sure doesn't sound that way. Gun Smith refuses to accept them for repair work. What else do you need to show you the writing on the wall? Do you need to see picture of peoples mangled hands? Or graves of those killed "accidentally" by those weapons? Or the endless stack of lawsuits filed against that design over and over and over? The only problem here is the Government should have already stepped in and refused to allow some other money hungry crook to buy the design and equipment and sell the same subpar dangerous weapons. Instead, they just keep going bankrupt to avoid paying the people that they maim and kill and reincorporate as an LLC under a new name.

That's real good advice. Real good. You should be ashamed of yourself.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Last edited by GeneralPatton; 02-12-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I don't think he wants to understand man, but nice try. It's nice to see someone intelligent and logically sound of mind in here!
No, the issue is that I understand all to well. I owned a Jennings .22 It was the biggest POS on earth. It was in function working order with no issues, then started double and even triple firing with one pull of the trigger. I learned my lesson because no one told me any better. And after that, I decided to help others avoid the mistake I had made.

And if someone walks into the room and agrees with the village idiot, that doesn't make them intelligent. It just means perhaps there are now two village idiots walking around.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post

No, the issue is that I understand all to well. I owned a Jennings .22 It was the biggest POS on earth. It was in function working order with no issues, then started double and even triple firing with one pull of the trigger. I learned my lesson because no one told me any better. And after that, I decided to help others avoid the mistake I had made.

And if someone walks into the room and agrees with the village idiot, that doesn't make them intelligent. It just means perhaps there are now two village idiots walking around.

I'd like to dismiss it as a "to each their own" thing, or "agree to dis-", but some people just don't deserve the respect such permissive statements bestow. So, instead, I resort to the thing I hate most, a grown man eye rolling. Hahaha

Ya happy Hoss, you've got me doing it?!? Lol

Anyway, this is all going nowhere, tail chasing. I am curious to see what the OP winds up with, as I always am, so I hope the thread remains open in case he drops by and updates us.

I feel like I'm on one of those morning television talk shows where the "guests" all say the same thing over and over, louder and louder, as if that made them right. Lol! I hate those shows with a passion and will not be a part of such a classless spectacle.

Cheers Pat, glad you know what you like. Such a thing sometimes goes unobtainable to some and in many ways. I'd say you're a lucky man in that regard.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6617 Times on 3686 Posts
Likes Given: 6284

Point to ponder.

You can put lipstick and rouge on a pig, and dress her in silk.

But she's still a pig.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Point to ponder.

You can put lipstick and rouge on a pig, and dress her in silk.

But she's still a pig.
I don't think anyone here is calling a pig anything other, but even pig is beautiful to some. I love me some bacon! Lol