cheap .22 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > cheap .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Don't buy some hunk of junk. Some great .22's are the Walther P22, the Ruger SR22, and the Sig Mosquito. Although a few people don't like the Sig, I've fired it many times with no issue. I personally own the Walther and it's had thousands upon thousands of rounds fired through it over the years without any failures or replacement parts. My wife and 11 year old love shooting it.
I've heard terrible things about all of these guns. That's 22lr Rimfire, simple as that.

We all hear terrible things about what people like this ^ call junk (Jimenez), but that's because of the higher caliber items produced. All their guns are made from subpar materials, but with their 22 is a complete nonissue, its fan-fookin-tastic!

I'll pm you a site you should check for real experience and valuable help, if you'd like.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #22

Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

I don't think the rough rider is a hunk of crap, it goes bang everytime its supposed to and what other rimfire pistol can and will fire everything from shorts, birdshot, cbees, colibris, longs, long rifles, subsonic, supersonic, hi velocity, hyper velocity, and magnums all in one package reliably. I know all the revolver rimfires Will. It may not be the most expensive rimfire pistol out there, but why is it a "hunk of crap"?

Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga

Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

I'll pm you a site you should check for real experience and valuable help, if you'd like.
I'll take you up on that offer beyond

Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I've heard terrible things about all of these guns. That's 22lr Rimfire, simple as that.

We all hear terrible things about what people like this ^ call junk (Jimenez), but that's because of the higher caliber items produced. All their guns are made from subpar materials, but with their 22 is a complete nonissue, its fan-fookin-tastic!

Seriously? Terrible things about 3 well know recognized quality gun producers and you recommend a gun that is known as a Saturday night special or LA throw down? I didn't even name the "junk," you did! Come on man. I want them to maintain their fingers and hands after shooting. Did you mention to him that Jimenez is the name they used after Jennings was shut down due to lawsuits and the Jimenez name is from the Bryco Arms foreman who bought the rights to produce the gun that went out of business from bankruptcy due to so many lawsuits for unintentional firings killing people? Or how about how they stopped making those guns in California since they couldn't meet minimum quality standards so they just hopped over Nevada who didn't care if they produced subpar weapons after they paid enough money to that state? And you heard terrible things about Walther, Ruger, and Sig Sauer? Please......

Walther Arms Founded in 1886
Sig Sauer Arms Founded in 1853
Sturm, Ruger & Company Founded in 1949

Jimenez Arms Founded in 2004, shuttered in 2005 bankruptcy by the state for failing quality standards. Reopened in 2006 in Nevada where the standards aren't so hard to meet They cannot sell their JA-NINE in California after lawsuits over "CATASTROPHIC FAILURES IN NORMAL OPERATION" since they are all made out of POT METAL which is prone to failure under the stress of normal operation in a handgun. Why else has the design been transferred through no less than 4 names in 15-20 years? Because they have to go bankrupt everytime they get sued to hell and back and they reopen selling unsafe products to another bunch of people dumb enough to buy them under a "new" name.

Jesus man, why even bother giving such piss poor advice? The guy want's something inexpensive that works, not something that will end up shooting unintentionally and potentially killing a bystander. I mean, you've already shown you have no respect for firearms by shooting incorrect calibers at high chamber pressures in an attempt to get a small caliber gun to act like something it's not. So how about not trying to advise people to buy something that is more likely to accidentally kill someone than any other gun ever made.

Warren, do yourself a favor. Don't buy anything made with pot metal. The risks for outweigh the reward of cheapness. Buy something from a reputable manufacturer who backs their products, not some throw down company who changes their name after every lawsuit that bankrupts them for killing poor bastards who so happen to be standing around when someone tries to unload one of their products. I'd think you'd want your mom to be safe, I know I would.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Last edited by GeneralPatton; 02-09-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgersty View Post
I don't think the rough rider is a hunk of crap, it goes bang everytime its supposed to and what other rimfire pistol can and will fire everything from shorts, birdshot, cbees, colibris, longs, long rifles, subsonic, supersonic, hi velocity, hyper velocity, and magnums all in one package reliably. I know all the revolver rimfires Will. It may not be the most expensive rimfire pistol out there, but why is it a "hunk of crap"?
I wasn't referring to the revolver man, those are almost always good weapons. It's hard to make a bad revolver in .22 There is nothing wrong with that gun, and some of them are quite accurate. For the price, it's a definite contender.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #26

Quote:

I wasn't referring to the revolver man, those are almost always good weapons. It's hard to make a bad revolver in .22 There is nothing wrong with that gun, and some of them are quite accurate. For the price, it's a definite contender.
It's all good, I know mine is a "tack driver" for what it is and what it costs, I just saw your post right under mine so I took it that you were implying my revolver lol, I am extremely happy with mine, and for a plinker it is a fine pistol.

Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal

Old 02-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #27

Quote:
It's all good, I know mine is a "tack driver" for what it is and what it costs, I just saw your post right under mine so I took it that you were implying my revolver lol, I am extremely happy with mine, and for a plinker it is a fine pistol.
I have a friend with an old Charter Arms .22 revolver and that thing is great. It's not quite the tack driver as it only has the 3 inch barrel, but you know when you pull the trigger it's going to fire and not explode in your hand or fire when you try to unload it

Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #28

Quote:

I have a friend with an old Charter Arms .22 revolver and that thing is great. It's not quite the tack driver as it only has the 3 inch barrel, but you know when you pull the trigger it's going to fire and not explode in your hand or fire when you try to unload it
I have had no problems at all with mine, just gotta remember to keep your hands tucked in, brother in law was shooting mags out of it, and I told him his fingers were roo close to the cylinder but he didn't listen, and he burned the chit out of his hands, same guy that I told that his eye was too close to the scope on my deer slug shotgun, and it kissed him and busted his eyebrow open, he's not the brightest bulb on the tree lol.

Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal

Old 02-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #29

Quote:
I have had no problems at all with mine, just gotta remember to keep your hands tucked in, brother in law was shooting mags out of it, and I told him his fingers were roo close to the cylinder but he didn't listen, and he burned the chit out of his hands, same guy that I told that his eye was too close to the scope on my deer slug shotgun, and it kissed him and busted his eyebrow open, he's not the brightest bulb on the tree lol.
LOL, some folks never learn. I guess it's cause they already "know" how to shoot. And they get the scars to prove it LOL

Old 02-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #30

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

If I could find a heritage for under $100 used I Would jump on it for sure.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.