cerakote durability?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > cerakote durability?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default cerakote durability?

I am wondering how the long term durability of this coating is after holstering and carry wear or if anyone had subjected their finish to this type of torture?
I tried a search but nothing came up about long term wear. I don't care about safe queens. My wife wants to "pink" her XDm and i want to know how the finish will hold up under daily carry conditions.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #2

Liked 930 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Since some of the finest pistol smiths in the world use it, I assure you it is a good finish. Nothing holds up forever. There will be wear in time.

USMC 74-78

Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I know it's more durable than paint. I was just wondering if the long term wear look was ok or if it looks worse than a standard pistol finish with holster type wear on it.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson