Ccw question... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ccw question...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Let me say, I have no financial interest in the following, and promote this book only as a service for Florida Gun Owners. I use it in my CCW training classes.

Florida residents are very lucky, in that we have an Attorney who has written a great book on Florida firearms laws. He also provides updates, on-line twice a year. He includes Federal firearms laws in the subject matter.

The book is very readable, and there will be stuff in there that can keep you out of jail; things you never thought about. Gutmacher writes this in plain language with no legalize, he talks about firearms law as if he might be having a beer with you and discussing the subject. The book is used at the Florida law enforcement training academies.

Get you answers from an Attorney who pracitces Florida firearm law, not from the web.

Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownershipby Jon H. Gutmacher (7th edition) (a quick google search will bring up his web-site)

Don't buy a previous edition on-line at a bargain price, because as the laws change, the older editions become inaccurate. I am a tight-wad, and I don't complain at all about paying $31.50 for the book..
I'll second that recommendation with a caveat. Know your statutes.

Gutmacher is a fine lawyer and very well versed in firearms law. However I have seen a couple things in his book that are based on his opinion and not quite in agreement with Florida Statute. All in all, a good book.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #12

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Yeah I heard of the book in the CCW class

Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #13

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Others have already said pony up the dough for the

latest Gutmacher book.

Best 35$ I ever spent in firearms.

Pays for itself many times over, if

you're a Florida resident.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #14

Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I'll second that recommendation with a caveat. Know your statutes.

Gutmacher is a fine lawyer and very well versed in firearms law. However I have seen a couple things in his book that are based on his opinion and not quite in agreement with Florida Statute. All in all, a good book.
I am a plumber. Gutmacher's opinions are going to be far better then mine when it comes to the law. I could walk the dog on him with the plumbing codes, but I will take his advice on gun law.

His book will scare you stiff about how many ways you could end up going to jail, without trying.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Your vehicle is an expansion of your house since Florida has the castle doctrine. Therefore you can have a loaded firearm in the cabin of the vehicle as long as it's in a lockable box or holster out of sight. So it being in the trunk should not be a problem unless your committing a crime. Without a ccw in Florida you are allowed to open carry while fishing, hunting, and camping. Do your research and don't test the limits and patience of officers and you'll be good, I mean how else would you be able to get your firearms to and from the range? Next day air? Lol

Last edited by gladesbassin; 10-31-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #16

Liked 269 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
If you're going to the range without CCW and get pulled over, can the cops arrest me with a gun in the trunk in Miami FL
If I'm going to the range without a CCW and get pulled over, who knows what the cops would do to you in Miami, FL?

Bob Wright