Ccw and crime
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ccw and crime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 413 Times on 227 Posts

Default Ccw and crime

Knowing how our government is becoming anti gun. I'm wondering if any of you guys and gals have any knowledge of a CCW holder committing a crime with there daily carry weapon. With all these anti gun statistics I see people showing how guns should be outlawed. I have never seen a instance where the BG was a legal gun carrier. Just wanting to know if anyone has any knowledge of ccw permits being used by criminals. I have seen a lot of crimes stopped by ccw holders and you never see that in the news anymore. It just shows we as gun loving Americans are being pushed to the side by out own leaders. I would like to see some ads for people with there ccw permits and how it has saved there lives or saved others lives. Someone telling me I don't have the right to own and carry my firearm is like saying I don't have the right to live If some BG decides he wants to kill me for some stupid reason. Thoughts or a ccw positive add ideas please.

play the victim, be the victim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

The only instances ive heard of are police officers doing it while off duty. The only murder committed with a registered full auto was a police officer that used his registered nfa firearm to commit a murder

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81 View Post
Knowing how our government is becoming anti gun. I'm wondering if any of you guys and gals have any knowledge of a CCW holder committing a crime with there daily carry weapon. With all these anti gun statistics I see people showing how guns should be outlawed. I have never seen a instance where the BG was a legal gun carrier. Just wanting to know if anyone has any knowledge of ccw permits being used by criminals. I have seen a lot of crimes stopped by ccw holders and you never see that in the news anymore. It just shows we as gun loving Americans are being pushed to the side by out own leaders. I would like to see some ads for people with there ccw permits and how it has saved there lives or saved others lives. Someone telling me I don't have the right to own and carry my firearm is like saying I don't have the right to live If some BG decides he wants to kill me for some stupid reason. Thoughts or a ccw positive add ideas please.

I have a CCW, but NEVER use my daily carry when I commit a crime......I always go to the gun safe and pick a safe queen.......

Old 12-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #4

Liked 413 Times on 227 Posts

Yeah safe queens need some attention too

Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3061 Times on 1760 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81 View Post
Knowing how our government is becoming anti gun...... With all these anti gun statistics I see people showing how guns should be outlawed. .... Someone telling me I don't have the right to own and carry my firearm is like saying I don't have the right to live...
The current office holders with their ideas and demonstrated actions (think F&F), have gone past the "becoming anti gun".

But since they have been in office, there has been an increase in firearms sales!

Try to convince them that they work for us, and that we do not work for them. The voice that should be heard is the one of the people not the politicians.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #6

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

I have delt with a chl holder trying to have sex with a minor. Does that count. He did have his gun on his person.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #7

Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

This is an outstanding statistical anomaly,

much like there's also literally no statistics for

married homeless people.

The numbers of crimes committed in this circumstance are

wholly non-existent.

You would think our legislators would want more

CCW permits issued, not less

Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
AZL

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
I have delt with a chl holder trying to have sex with a minor. Does that count. He did have his gun on his person.
I have never dealt with a CCW holder where the gun was used IN THE CRIME, or was a factor in the crime committed.

One DUI...which was not a gun crime, it was a STUPID crime. To be fair...his pistol was LOCKED IN A CASE IN THE TRUNK. There were a couple of guys who got caught up in a prostitution sting who were carrying, but it was not a "mitigating factor" in the arrest, and were cited and released on the spot.

That one is really the only one that comes immediately to mind. But NEVER in my career did I ever have a CCW holder commit an armed robbery, burglary, home invasion, or crime of a violent nature...that I personally dealt with, and don't know first hand of any others.

I call the CCW the "Card Carrying Good Guy" card. Anytime I dealt with someone who held a permit...they seemed to be a whole lot more reasonable and had their collective **** together. Unfailingly they informed me of the presense of their defensive sidearm, and it's location (always appreciated), and 99% of the time (Idiots who were DUI NEVER got any breaks)...if it was a minor traffic beef, and their registration and insurance was in order...they got a verbal warning, and a "Have a nice night" from me. In other words...they passed the attitude test with flying colors.

So...I'd say, based upon MY experience...the guy with the permit is the "responsible law abiding good guy". Who is really going to invest the time, money, and effort into getting a permit if you're NOT a basically good sort?

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

the media and politicians would like to protray the CCW holders like the old west and we are looking for a showdown at the OK Corral! but stastics just don't support it and they know it. they will if any chance were to come up to try and use it to their full advantage. maybe they should focus on the criminals who carry concealed, and leave the law abiding citizen with the CCW alone, as he has gone through a background check, training and pays for a permit!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

while im against the idea of "ccw permits" and training requirments, bearing arms shouldnt be permited nor should training be required for an inalienable right; those that DO go through the hoops to get a ccw and spend the money and time on the proccess arent doing it so they can commit violent gun crime.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...