Canik55
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Canik55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Canik55

Anyone played with one of these? Saw AIM has it for $319!! Read some reviews and this seems like one heck of a deal. Could be a great option for someones first handgun.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Prolly better to just get a real cz75

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1514 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 531

Even if they are great guns there are not enough of them in the field for anyone to know if they are good. $319 is no bargain for a Century Arms import. You are very close to the price of some very popular and successful firearms.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #4

Liked 624 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 1630

I bought one of these in December on a whim. Man am I glad to have spent that $350!! This gun is seriously awesome.

It is very well balanced, with just enough weight to be accurate and low recoil.

It is double/single action. The DA trigger is long and heavy, as to be expected. The SA trigger is good. It reminds me of the 92fs trigger. What's cool is, this pistol has a half cock position.

They come with Mec-Gar mags as well.

All in all I give this gun a B. Well worth the price.
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1391263236.283999.jpg

Old 02-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I have a CZ 75b and a stainless Canik S-120 (like the picture below). The Canik is a very good gun at a great price IMO, and it made sense for me because I love my 75b and must have 10 mags for it...which also fit the Canik.

But at some point I do intend to upgrade those dolphin grips, LOL.

It's a quality duty gun that most folks have an easy time being accurate with. Like the 75b, it's a heavy gun and the controls aren't always ideal for folks with shorter fingers. Great quality for the price.