Can you use Polish like Flitz or Mothers to remove Leather Holster Wear

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Can you use Polish like Flitz or Mothers to remove Leather Holster Wear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Can you use Polish like Flitz or Mothers to remove Leather Holster Wear

I carry a Glock 17 with me everyday in a Leather Tagua Hip Holster so far i have not had any holster wear on my G17. But i just know sooner or later i will get holster wear especially because it is a leather holster. I just thought Polish for metal especially Flitz and Mothers are good at removing marks of all kinds usually on all types of metals.

Infact i for the first time got a light surface scratch on my Glock 17 slide i tried cleaning it with gun cleaner no dice. Then i got some Flitz Polish and presto the scratch was taken off. Just wondering if you guys think that Polish is the cure to holster wear on your gun. I mean those that carry everyday for like the last 20 30 years you must know another method. I shoot my guns once a month atleast but i still love to have them looking new.

Have you guys tried this on your gun with holster wear?????

Do you guys know any other way of removing holster wear marks from your gun?????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5669 Times on 2961 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Holster wear is when the holster removes the finish from areas that the handgun contacts the holster on draw and re-holstering. No ammount of polishing will restore a finish to bare metal. You can either rub the finish off the entire gun to make it match, live with it, or have it refinished when holster wear gets bad. Thats about it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #3

I actually bought a stainless pistol to carry for that exact reason. It doesnt have a finish on top of the metal and scratches can be removed with polish