Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Can a felon go to the range (ohio)?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
I wanted to take a friend of mine shooting at the range. I did not know he is a felon (I dont know the particulars). Can he shoot at the range?
He can not possess a gun or knife unless he went to the sentencing judge and had a "Weapons under disability" removed from his record in Ohio.
Then you can own and possess & get FFL.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:52 AM   #12

Liked 1675 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

I will not pretend to know the answer to your question. I am seeing too many opinions here. I would not take anyones word for it here. I believe real professional advice would be good to look into. Not just for your friend, but also for yourself. If a felon can be arrested (I am pretty sure they can be) you might also be responsible for allowing them to handle your gun.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I suggest asking the question to a lawyer. No one here is qualified to give you the answer you are looking for (or the answer you want).

Old 08-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom-1911 View Post
For those who care it is a great incentive to keep your nose clean.
Dude, I'm cleaning my nose right now! Oh, wait.....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #15

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Felons can not use or posses a weapon. Though the @a is only one right a felon loses I fail to see why the BATFE need be involved in restoration of a felons rights. But that is how it goes. If a felon can be in a world of trouble if they are even in the same house with a firearm. Weather it is someone Else's house or even if the felon does not know that there was a weapon in the house depending on who he/she has to deal with if/when the situation arises.
My wife has a cousin that was convicted for trafficking weed (A whopping 1.5 oz in 2 containers). If he is caught on this property he can be arrested. He wont even ride in my vehicle if I left my weapon at home because he is afraid LEO will see him in my jeep with NRA sticker on the windshield.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom-1911 View Post
Don't know about Ohio but I would not recommend it in Mo.
It may be legal but in Mo they are not to be in possession of a firearm, and if they are at a range, the assumption is going to be that they are shooting. Which means they are in possession of a firearm. Here I don't even think Felons are supposed to touch ammo, but don't quote me on that.
Doesn't sound right... Seems the "thought police" are working this one. In NY you can not even have ammo in your possession, or be in a house with firearms.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #17

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Our mods recently covered the topic about giving legal advise on the forum - and it's a terribly bad idea. This particular topic was addressed by 2 lawyers on a local forum in GA and they said under general circumstances NO felon can even have access to a firearm - ever.

If it were me, and I needed legal advice to stay out of jail, I contact a lawyer...

Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #18

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Closed Thread