You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

C x 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default C x 4

I have a Beretta P x 4 & really like it and now I'm thinking about picking up the C x 4. How does it compare to other models in the same class? Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6246 Times on 4130 Posts
Likes Given: 3211

I own one. Great practical accuracy off hand. The molded stock design helps keeping the carbine steady. The iron sights are so good that I can't do better with a red dot. Currently I have a 3x prismatic on it which seems ideal for midrange.

The trigger is combat quality but easy to control and predictable. I moved the charger handle over to the left (very simple), and now I can slam the mag in place and chamber a round while hanging on to the pistol grip. The crossbolt safety is easy to reach and feel with the shooting hand. The bolt release is also right there, thumb operated. very quick.

The disassembly is easy, a single pin push. It is a blowback design, so no gas tubes or pistons to clean. My carbine is a 45 and makes a big ragged hole on a piece of cardboard in short order.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Liked 1345 Times on 900 Posts
Likes Given: 860

I also have one, in .40 S&W. In addition to the above, I'll add; It takes the same mags as the pistol. You have to make sure that either you get the gun with the insert for your particular Beretta pistol, or you have to buy the insert and mag release separately. Not expensive, or hard, but the parts can be sorta hard to find at times. The 45 version of it has almost NO accessories, the .40 version, some, and the 9mm version, the most. A 9mm 92 30 rd mag can be converted to take 20 rounds of 40. I have done it, it works. Be aware that the linkages in the gun are plastic, and if a certain one of those parts breaks, the gun is no longer operational, not even single shot. There is a guy making very nice replacement metal parts for it, and it'd cost you in the range of $200 to upgrade it yourself. Also be aware that this gun falls under 922R, or whatever they bullish!t law is, that makes it possibly illegal to change or alter the gun. It can be done, but you have to be careful and pay attention. (Simply trimming off the stupid piece of plastic between the pistol grip and the end of the stock would be a no-no, I believe.) I also found the length of pull to be way too short, and I'm not a big guy. Beretta does make add on plates for the end of the stock, though. For more info., go see the Beretta Forum. They know an awful lot over there.
Overall, I like it, even though at that price point, I think they coulda done a way better job. I also like Beretta in general, although they seem more interested in just making what they make, not introducing new items, or giving support or customer service on what they are already making. Accessory support and availability are spotty at best.

Last edited by clr8ter; 12-29-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6246 Times on 4130 Posts
Likes Given: 3211

It does feel like a bullpup. Has a lot in common ergonomically. More like a personal defense weapon, or whatever the FN calls its P90. The possible shortcomings also mirror those of the bullpups.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

What I'd like to "See" is a comparison to other guns in that category, like the new Taurus, or other older brand models. HK makes a nice LOOKING 45 carbine, but they seem to think the MP 5 pattern is the "Suit all & be all" for the 9MM. Also, while not in the same size range, but can function the same way if you put on a stock, is the MPA/Cobray/ Mac family, albeit that the barrel is shorter. I personally prefer a longer barrel. I like Carbines. Then again, anything 16" or under is considered a Carbine these days.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 12-29-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #6

The comparisons I'm familiar with are the Keltec Sub2000, and the Hi Point carbine. The Keltec can share mags with Glocks, the Hi Points, no, I don't think so. I have held a Sub2000. Didn't like it. Have held a Hi Point. Like it. I think their carbines are better than their pistols. Honestly, I'd recommend that as an alternative, given more limited funds.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #7

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like the fact that the CX4 in 9MM allows you the option of shooting 17, 20 or 32 round magazines. There may even be other sizes out there. Nice weapon for sure.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #8

Yeah, I believe those are the sizes from Beretta. I wouldn't recommend any aftermarket mags. They tend to be spotty AT BEST in reliability & fit. Some people actually have to put shims in their guns to get them to stay in there correctly. No such problems with factory mags.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
The comparisons I'm familiar with are the Keltec Sub2000, and the Hi Point carbine. The Keltec can share mags with Glocks, the Hi Points, no, I don't think so. I have held a Sub2000. Didn't like it. Have held a Hi Point. Like it. I think their carbines are better than their pistols. Honestly, I'd recommend that as an alternative, given more limited funds.
Yeah, when you can FIND one(Kel-Tec) the Hi-Point is butt-fugly, but if it works......and they do have( and I have seen ads for) after market mags, but only in 15 rds. Plus the rarity of the Gun in sales channels does away with most discounts, like most of Kel-Tec's offerings. That's why I FREAK when I (used to) walk into the supposed #1 LGS in town and see a PF9 or a P3AT for $600 and $550 respectfully, and that's when I respectfully walk out of the store to avoid a conversation along the lines of "Price Gouging"

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #10

Sigh. 3 years ago I was offered a brand new ITB Sub2000 for $300. I shoulda bought it ESPECIALLY since I don't like it, it coulda got me a much nicer gun by now.