Buying/Selling online - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Buying/Selling online

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default looking for private purchase in NC

You may have read my posts on other pages but I am looking to purchase 2-3 handguns (9mm, .40 and .45) and at least two rifles. These can be piece-by-piece or all at once if you are selling the right guns. I am only interested in a legal and private sale. I am happy to provide my name/ID/address/etc for your private records. Call me crazy, but I've never liked the idea of a gun linked to my name and personal records sitting in a DHS and FBI database.

Anyway, in NC there are no restrictions on private sales between state residents so only reply if you are a resident of NC and if you are serious about selling a legal (not stolen), firearm is excellent working condition.

...and if you are not, but know someone that might be interested do us a favor and spread the good word.

Thanks all,
God Bless

Old 11-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default private buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I believe NC requires purchase permits from the Sheriff, maybe just for stores though...
in NC you do need the permit unless you have your ccw with that your good to go and so much easier as some will still run your info through atf with just the sheriffs permits. just talking from experince lol.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

You better check NC laws. Not a lawyer, but last time I looked, they still required a "pistol purchase permit" from the Sheriff, even for private sales.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #14

i have a friend who sold a few guns to private parties, but they all had CCW's .. i was just told (yesterday at gun show) that he needed to have the same paper work done that a dealer does .. now i was informed of this by a dealer, so i don't know if that's gospel or just hype by the dealer .. but i personally sure wouldn't sell a gun to someone who didn't have at least the "Permit to Purchase" and boat load of ID ..

Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #15

I would sell on a forum. If you offer a good piece at a fair price it will sell. Period. You will probably have to ship to an FFL license holder. Your buyer will find that person and they will send a copy of their license to you. Once you have received payment and a copy of the FFL you can ship the gun. I am not sure but I don't think you can use the USPS unless you are shipping from one FFL to another FFL. You will probably have to use Fedex but again I am not sure of that.

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.
Winston Churchill

Old 12-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #16

Default I have a new .40 Springfield XD I could sell for the right price

Springfield XD .40 Brand new (less than 50 test rounds). I would take $550 for it but only in a private sale. I despise the thought of anyone having my name and numbers on a database. I live in Hickory if you are interested. Gun comes with case, gun lock (if you are into that) and holster. If you live nearby or don't mind the drive I can meet you nearby.

Aaron
ajhaub0@uky.edu

Old 12-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Better do some reading. Am on the road, cannot run full research, but I think NC requires a purchase permit for handguns INCLUDING FACE TO FACE PRIVATE SALES.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:49 AM   #18

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Better do some reading. Am on the road, cannot run full research, but I think NC requires a purchase permit for handguns INCLUDING FACE TO FACE PRIVATE SALES.
A pistol permit is required to buy a handgun in NC if the buyer does not have a CCW. You can get 5 permits per year, for $5 each, following a background check at a cost of $25 (at least it was..) of course. From start to permit, 2-3 days.

With a CCW you are allowed unlimited handgun purchases.

http://ncrpa.org/ncgunfaq.htm

http://www.ncsheriffs.org/images/2007%20NC%20Firearms%20Laws%20Pub.pdf

Disclaimer; I am NOT a lawyer, do the research and get the facts straight from the source, I'm just some guy on the 'net...just sayin'...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 12-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.