Buying/Selling online
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Buying/Selling online

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buying/Selling online

I was curious if there is an alternative to using sites such as GunBroker.com that require credit cards, to either advertise or sell firearms online. The issue is I have a few guns I'm wanting to sell, but I don't currently own a credit card to register on these sites. Any help would be much appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #2

if you have a checking account, you can get a debit card. if that debit card has a visa/master card/ etc. logo on it, it also works just like a credit card.

I am whatever you say I am...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #3

hmm, what about a "simon gift card"? it's pretty much a debit card, and it has a visa logo on it (I think, it may be mastercard).

Old 02-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You can check around for a local forum where people negotiate face-to-face sales. In Oklahoma the Oklahoma Shooters Association has a pretty good trading post forum. This is kinda like the dreaded GunShow loophole that you hear so much about. Remember, anytime you're making a private sale with someone you don't know you want to document the sale and make sure you take appropriate safety precautions...also check local laws in your area, because my state is fairly gun loving. You might not have this option in some areas.

Good Luck

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 02-28-2009 at 07:54 AM.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #5

xdtalk.com has a for sale or trade on thier forum.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #6

What state do you legally reside in? I am interested in private purchase in North Carolina. None of this licensing and online nonsense.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I believe NC requires purchase permits from the Sheriff, maybe just for stores though...

Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #8

NC does not have any laws limiting any private sales between NC residents other than the mental defect/known felon/under 18/otherwise reasonable private sale prohibitions in every state. seller gives gun, buyer pays money deal done and perfectly legal. Of course it makes sense for folks to keep a private record of the transaction which I would do if I were selling, but that record is held on paper by the seller and not on a DHS "prime target" database.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Indiana like-wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain View Post
NC does not have any laws limiting any private sales between NC residents other than the mental defect/known felon/under 18/otherwise reasonable private sale prohibitions in every state. seller gives gun, buyer pays money deal done and perfectly legal. Of course it makes sense for folks to keep a private record of the transaction which I would do if I were selling, but that record is held on paper by the seller and not on a DHS "prime target" database.
train,Indiana is a lot like NC on private sales. I usually carry blank bill-of-sale forms to gun shows with me+provide for the buyer also. Usually IN. Personal Protection permit # is usually placed on this BOS also. Mainly just to CMA on the slight chance of getting something "Hot"

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 10-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #10

Default reply

sounds great, now if I can just find someone in NC that wants to sell their guns at a premium price...

Just in case anyone living in NC reads this...I'm looking for a legal and private purchase. Interested in buying 2-3 handguns (9mm, .40 and .45) and at least two rifles, depending on price. Piece by piece or all at once.

Let me know if you know someone that is interested.