Buying online - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Buying online

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9159 Times on 3955 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

To buy a handgun, the transfer of ownership of that gun must be made thru a dealer that holds a Federal Firearms License in your state (unless you make a face-to-face purchase from a resident of your state) The Federal Firearms License (FFL) is the license issued by the BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) to "engage in the business" of buying a selling guns (That is an 01 FFL- Dealer) or "engaging in the business" of pawning, buying and selling guns (02 FFL) A few of us are Collectors (03 FFL, also called a C&R FFL) .

Can't find gun you want locally? IF it can legally be sold in your state (you did not say where you live, you crafty devil you) you have two routes- find a dealer to find you one, or shop one of the internet firearm auctions, and have it shipped to a dealer or pawnshop in your home state. He will do paperwork, background check, and you pay him for his time.

Never hurts to ask. (Well, there WAS this time that I asked this little redhead something, and getting her spike heel on top of my foot DID hurt....

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #12

I'm in Alabama I'm also sure that the ruger LCP is legal here. I haven't found it at any box stores like woods and water or academy. I haven't had a chance to run up to Dicks in Birmingham yet.

Last edited by PIMking; 05-01-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: ruger not luger

Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I'm in Alabama I'm also sure that the ruger LCP is legal here. I haven't found it at any box stores like woods and water or academy. I haven't had a chance to run up to Dicks in Birmingham yet.
Don't waste your time at Dick's. Not sure about your area, but around me, they don't sell handguns.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #14

I guess I know a guy (thru a forum) that is a tight forum that has his own gun shop. I'm going to talk with him to see what he can do. I rather not purchase from a box store.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1954 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 4099

I prefer the local stores, you have the touch and feel! Online, reminds me of ebay - been burned bad!

Sportsman's Warehouse (They know me all too well!)

Charlie's

Ron Peterson (Alot of older wespons)

Precision Arms (I screwed up and did not grab that AK47 - wood stock for $350.00, before taxes )

Shooters Den (Good selection and prices) (My wife sees my car there - I am a dead man!)

Those are just a few, alot more to list!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 05-02-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Don't waste your time at Dick's. Not sure about your area, but around me, they don't sell handguns.
same here-
When we have to go to the big city where the mall is, while the wife is shopping for her stuff I always stop by Dick's to see the rifles, shotguns, ammo, & hunting gear. Sometimes they have some deals. As far as firearms they only carry rifles & shotguns in my area. I wouldn't think they would accept an on-line transfer.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2962 Times on 1708 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Some online sites have names and addresses of those FFL dealers who have already registered with them. Also, AuctionArms has a tool to help find an FFL dealer.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)