Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Buying first weapon, I have a few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ok, well seeing as how McCain apparently went shopping for campaign managers at a halfway house, I may need to consider buying just a FiveseveN now. I'll check out some gun stores when I go home to AL in a few weeks and see what one would cost me up there. I really don't know the best places to get them cheap, I hate paying a nickel more than I have to .

And yes, I should hopefully be heading to Airborne School in January or so. I'm at the top of the list to get one since I've gotten 4 slots so far and haven't gone due to them falling through or most recently someone sending the Dean of Students the wrong person's transcript (with a much lower GPA) and me losing the slot for academic reasons. Right now I'm mainly concerned with PT and getting ready for Ranger School.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy129 View Post
Ok, well seeing as how McCain apparently went shopping for campaign managers at a halfway house, I may need to consider buying just a FiveseveN now. I'll check out some gun stores when I go home to AL in a few weeks and see what one would cost me up there. I really don't know the best places to get them cheap, I hate paying a nickel more than I have to .

And yes, I should hopefully be heading to Airborne School in January or so. I'm at the top of the list to get one since I've gotten 4 slots so far and haven't gone due to them falling through or most recently someone sending the Dean of Students the wrong person's transcript (with a much lower GPA) and me losing the slot for academic reasons. Right now I'm mainly concerned with PT and getting ready for Ranger School.
Stick with it LT. Both schools will be a gut check, especially if you're worried about PT. Just remember, it's all a big head game. If you can keep your head in the game, you can make it though any army school.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #23

Haha, yeah I'm not too worried about Airborne. I mainly just need to make sure I'm ready for Ranger School. If we get a Republican congress/president later on, it would be possible to repeal any ridiculous bans later on, right? They're already starting to make excuses for Obama, and I doubt he'll last more than 1 term, so how hard would it be to get rid of whatever stupid handgun bans they impose on us?

Also, it seems as though none of the politicians ever mention protecting our 2nd Amendment rights anymore. What's the deal with that? Did the polls say that's not the issue they should talk about?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy129 View Post
If we get a Republican congress/president later on, it would be possible to repeal any ridiculous bans later on, right? They're already starting to make excuses for Obama, and I doubt he'll last more than 1 term, so how hard would it be to get rid of whatever stupid handgun bans they impose on us?

Also, it seems as though none of the politicians ever mention protecting our 2nd Amendment rights anymore. What's the deal with that? Did the polls say that's not the issue they should talk about?
On the contrary, Obama will be VERY HARD to remove from office. They are already starting to talk about removing the 2 term limit for him. He very well may be President for Life, with Michelle next in line.

People in this country have no idea about how serious he is when he talks about "fundamentally changing" this country.

Obama will be VERY HARD to get rid of. He may end up President for Life. They are already talking of removing the 2 term limit for him.
Bans will be VERY HARD to "get rid of". The last one was only "gotten rid of" because a Congresswoman from Washington State, Jennifer Dunne, stood up to the Dems and Clinton and demanded a 10 year "sunset clause" or expiration on the ban when it was voted on in 1994. Congress (the Republicans) refused to recind the sunset clause so the law "expired".

Trying to actually REPEAL a law is incredibly difficult. There must be OVERWHELMING political support for a repeal otherwise it will just be used to extract money from an interest group. Far better to NEVER have the bad law than to attempt to repeal it.

As for supporting the 2A, the press (mostly New England, northern east coast ) will either suppress or attack ANY congressional member who even mentions the 2A.

You have a Congressman in Georgia who, just today, was viciously attacked for expressing concerns about Obama and the 2A. His name is Paul Broun and he deserves your support.

Here is a quote from his website:

"I believe that any law – whether at the local, state, or federal level – which restricts or infringes upon law abiding citizens’ ability to own a firearm is unconstitutional and should be repealed. Unfortunately, there are numerous gun control laws on the books today that I will work to repeal." Paul Broun

Last edited by Northwoods; 11-12-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: finish post

Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #25

BTW, Crispy, Obama will be VERY HARD to remove from office. They are already talking about an "exemption" for him to the 2 term limit amendment for Presidents. There is a large segement of the Democratic Party that wants to make him President for Life.

He already has over 200 Executive Orders to be issued on 20 January '09.

I'm afraid a lot of people are going to be very supprised on 21 Jan '09.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Go Glock 17 and don't look back. Its a good 9 mm pistol. A Glock is what all the other pistols wish that they could be.