Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Buying ammunition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/buying-ammunition-73991/)

ragecage23 10-09-2012 02:44 AM

Buying ammunition
 
I live in California and I wasn't allowed to buy handgun ammunition online because I'm under 21. Is this the same for buying it from a store?

Old_Crow 10-09-2012 03:29 AM

Yes, you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo anywhere or any way.

ragecage23 10-09-2012 07:00 AM

Okay, thank you.

robertusa123 10-19-2012 01:22 AM

your soupost to be 21 to buy the handgun too

slog 10-19-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123 (Post 981993)
your soupost to be 21 to buy the handgun too

I don't think there is any law concerning inherited or gifted guns under 21. Just purchase (as far as I know). My dad gave me his S&W 357 mag at age 16 that he used from his days as a police officer. Then again, I don't live in Commiefornia.

JonM 10-20-2012 03:55 AM

18 to posess 21 to buy.

some states and local laws may be stricter.

slog 10-20-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 983129)
18 to posess 21 to buy.

some states and local laws may be stricter.

Come to find out that surprised me, in CA it is 16, according to PC 12101. With all their insane laws, this blew my mind.

robertusa123 10-20-2012 11:53 PM

id still keep it low kee tial you where at least 18 you got some weirdo out thair and a supprising large amount of law enforcment officers that dont know the laws they are soupost to enforse

Nighthawk63 10-20-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slog (Post 982402)
I don't think there is any law concerning inherited or gifted guns under 21. Just purchase (as far as I know). My dad gave me his S&W 357 mag at age 16 that he used from his days as a police officer. Then again, I don't live in Commiefornia.

It is not legal for any one under 18 years of age to have a handgun inherited or bought.

slog 10-21-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk63 (Post 983944)
It is not legal for any one under 18 years of age to have a handgun inherited or bought.

It sure is. Some states may have different laws, but as stated, in CA it is allowed with parental permission for a minor of age 16 or older to own a handgun. Same in VA where I obtained mine at age 16.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.