Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Handgun Discussion (
-   -   buy the Girlfriend a handgun? (

Rugers9 05-02-2012 05:22 PM

buy the Girlfriend a handgun?
I want to get her gun. What steps do I need to take to get one in her name without her knowing

kytowboater 05-02-2012 05:24 PM

First off, are you two on GOOD terms? Lol, I think on the form is a section for gifting the gun. The all knowing will be along shortly to clarify.

silverado113 05-02-2012 05:30 PM

That would depend on what state you reside in as well.

Fathead00 05-02-2012 05:33 PM

I know one of the questions ask if the gun is for you.

UrbanNinja 05-02-2012 05:39 PM

Depends on your state of residence. Here in PA that is considered a straw purchase. You can only gift it to a spouse or immediate family member over the age of 21.

I would check your local state laws.

Not to mention, you should never buy a gun for someone else. They may not like it. it may be too big or small for them. It may not fit their hand well.

Best thing to do is take them to the shop and let them pick it out. Or buy a gift card to the place you plan to make the purchase.

Rugers9 05-02-2012 05:43 PM

We are on very good terms as in planning our wedding Here soon she does not know this but the guns going to have the engagement ring inside the gun case. But anyways I would like to get her this I I have noticed that it has this question are you buy this for another persons will this hinder my wanting to gift this to her. I reside in Arizona.

silverado113 05-02-2012 05:48 PM

If you know she will like the pistol you could buy it from the dealer and then upon the "gifting" of the firearm, take it to the dealer you purchased it from and have her fill out the 4473 which would cover the transfer or as stated above just get her a gift card and print out a picture of the gun and have her go fill out the 4473.

JWagner 05-02-2012 06:59 PM

Since Arizona has no registration or record of transfer between private parties, all you have to do is buy the gun and gift it to her. The form you fill out at the gun shop (4473) is a Federal form only.

levelcross 05-02-2012 08:39 PM


Originally Posted by Rugers9 (Post 788354)
I want to get her gun. What steps do I need to take to get one in her name without her knowing

Reading between the lies I mean lines LOL, it sounds like someone wants another gun.

If state and local laws allow it first, has she picked out a gun? If not then you are going to end up with one she didn't like. Just my .02

HOSSFLY 05-02-2012 08:44 PM

Really no need - buy it & give it to her-
BUT if you must---- buy it- Take it & her to you FFL & transfer--

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.