Which to buy?!?!?! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which to buy?!?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
PPK has a long proven track record. Sig and Walther are high quality and reliable guns. Easy to shoot and very accurate. I would go with the German guns. I would love to have a PPK myself, but it does not meet my needs. I am a little confused why you pick to semi-auto .380s and one .357 revolver though.
Doesn't S&W manufacture the PPK in the U.S.A. nowadays?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Thanks for the question.I have owned American, Italian, Austrian, Czech and German guns. The German ones had the best quality, trade/resale value, engineering, accuracy and reliability. This is my opinion. We all have one I am not talking out of my ass. I would be if I only owned German guns. Peace.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Doesn't S&W manufacture the PPK in the U.S.A. nowadays?
HK and Sig manufacture in the US too. They are still made with same engineering and quality. V w Beatles were made in Mexico too...

Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
HK and Sig manufacture in the US too. They are still made with same engineering and quality. V w Beatles were made in Mexico too...
Soooooooooooooooooo, how do you feel about the Taurus PT92 in comparison to the Beretta 92FS?

(Westfalia all the way)

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Thanks for the question.I have owned American, Italian, Austrian, Czech and German guns. The German ones had the best quality, trade/resale value, engineering, accuracy and reliability. This is my opinion. We all have one I am not talking out of my ass. I would be if I only owned German guns. Peace.
Interesting. I figured it was something like that. Solid reasoning. I've never owned German guns. At least not yet. I have no qualms against them.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I owned the Baretta and fired the Taurus. Oh I owned a .357 from Taurus too. I think the Italian gun has better quality materials. I also fired my friends 1911 from Taurus. I liked the quality of the Mark IV I used to own much better. Taurus is cheaper, and they work, but they are not as good as the originals they copy. Oh, I owned a PPK nock off from Taurus too. It failed to eject casings. I took it back and bought some weird plastic, fairly recent gun to the US market, called a Glock 17....

Old 08-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3095 Times on 1779 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

***Break****

Of the original 3 options in the original post, I would take the PPK if I wanted a .380.
The S&W if I wanted a revolver.

(I've had good luck with my PPK/s.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 497 Times on 333 Posts

I own a PPK 380. It is a good little shooter that has eaten everything I've put through it after the first couple magazines. And I have put some crappy ammo through it! I handled the Sig also, but the PPK felt better in my hand. Especially with the magazine with the finger rest. Put them both in your hand and see what gives you the warm fuzzies. They are both good guns. I also seem to have an affinity for well made, steel guns that have been around a while. I have a SS Colt Gov't to pair with the PPK.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

No doubt ,Kahr cm9

Old 08-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Those are the three I've narrowed down for the lady. She does not like recoil much. Was looking for some personal experiences, so thanks. Anyone comment on a j frame .38 special recoil vs a subcompact 9? I imagine it is less than the 9. She does not like the 9 I carry. She likes my beretta though, just too big for her hands, and she is familiar and comfy with the operation, so i thought ppk since it has the decocker/safety. She likes the looks of that and the p238. i have shot that a bunch. super easy to manipulate. The .380s are something she can handle and would have fun shooting.

Just another helpless man hoping to get his woman involved in something he loves....