Which to buy?!?!?!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which to buy?!?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Which to buy?!?!?!

Walther PPK, Sig P238, or S&W Model 60 Pro?!?!?!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2664 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Jackie,

In my opinion even though the other pistols are good pistols. I believe the top quality pistol of the ones listed is the Sig P238. Not knocking the others but the qaulity, performance and accuracy of the Sig P-238 is unquestionable.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3052 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

2 options I know are .380ACP, but isn't the S&W Mod 60 pro a .357 revolver?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBrown13 View Post
Walther PPK, Sig P238, or S&W Model 60 Pro?!?!?!
If you're talkin the Smith model 60 wheel gun, it it were me that's the one I'd buy. No question.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Have you looked at the Bersa Thunder380? It is styled very much like the PPK and is MUCH more affordable. It is also available with a double-stack magazine that holds 14~ but at the expense of a thicker, heavier pistol.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Smith and Wesson. After reading reviews of the PPK, I wouldn't even consider it much of an option, but that's with no personal experience either. All reports I've read say they're uncomfortable as hell at the best, and damn near worthless arrty the worst, with the bersa as the better between the two.

Sig makes amazing guns. I can't say anything bad about them. They also have one styled after the PPK that I have shot, and it's awesome.

But Smith and Wesson wheel guns... oh yes. Oh yes.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Have you looked at the Bersa Thunder380? It is styled very much like the PPK and is MUCH more affordable. It is also available with a double-stack magazine that holds 14~ but at the expense of a thicker, heavier pistol.
And of course, because it's less expensive,..like a Kel-Tec p32 or P3-AT it's almost impossible to find a Bersa Thunder. I only see the .22LR around here,.in the 3.5" tube. I understand the 4.25" only comes in the larger calibers....wouldn't mind a .380 with a long barrel like that!...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Smith and Wesson. After reading reviews of the PPK, I wouldn't even consider it much of an option, but that's with no personal experience either. All reports I've read say they're uncomfortable as hell at the best, and damn near worthless arrty the worst, with the bersa as the better between the two.

Sig makes amazing guns. I can't say anything bad about them. They also have one styled after the PPK that I have shot, and it's awesome.

But Smith and Wesson wheel guns... oh yes. Oh yes.
Many moons ago, when I did PI work to supplement my teachers income(my Cousin had a law firm in Westchester co. NY) I had a pre-68 PPK in .380 as a Back-up. now we have the Stainless PPK/s in .22LR, and a stainless PP in .32, Plus an FEG.Walther copy in .32ACP. The SIG 230-232 is the PPK like SIG you speak of Trip....very sweet piece indeed...but Hard to find.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3862 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

PPK has a long proven track record. Sig and Walther are high quality and reliable guns. Easy to shoot and very accurate. I would go with the German guns. I would love to have a PPK myself, but it does not meet my needs. I am a little confused why you pick to semi-auto .380s and one .357 revolver though.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
PPK has a long proven track record. Sig and Walther are high quality and reliable guns. Easy to shoot and very accurate. I would go with the German guns. I would love to have a PPK myself, but it does not meet my needs.
You always do seem to gravitate towards the German guns. I know you live there and everything, but is there any other reason why?

Always have clean socks.