Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Burried with your gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/burried-your-gun-53611/)

Marthor 12-15-2011 12:32 AM

Burried with your gun?

Many people used to be burried with their sword. Why not guns?

...and which one would you like to be burried with or not?

First thought of this, but if it were today, I think I'd like to be burried with my two Ruger Vaqueros. Additionally, when my CCW permit expires, they better leave me be or I'll haunt them. :)

jjfuller1 12-15-2011 12:37 AM

i think id rather gift them to the young ones rather than have em rust in the dirt

JonM 12-15-2011 12:37 AM

i wouldnt want to do that. i like my guns too much to ruin them in a grave. better to have them go to someone that will appreciate use and care for them

Marthor 12-15-2011 12:45 AM

I wouldn't want to take them all. Plenty of nice guns to leave above ground. The question is if you would like to take maybe one. In the bigger picture, the guns return to the elements too and even under best conditions couldn't last a couple thousand years. Since the guns will perish too, why not keep your fav with your bones?

JonM 12-15-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marthor (Post 652209)
I wouldn't want to take them all. Plenty of nice guns to leave above ground. The question is if you would like to take maybe one. In the bigger picture, the guns return to the elements too and even under best conditions couldn't last a couple thousand years. Since the guns will perish too, why not keep your fav with your bones?

i know nothing is permenent but i dont want to destroy any of them intentionally. a lot of my guns had previous owners and i want to continue that tradition :)

Firearms4ever 12-15-2011 12:51 AM

I would probably take all my firearms to my grave since I do not have children, and neither does my brother. Who knows that might change in the future, but as for right now I would definately take 'em all with me.

dks7895 12-15-2011 12:53 AM

Nope...they all get passed on to the kids. I have a spreadsheet with all my guns, serial numbers, optics, etc. I am also keeping track of who likes what.

CourtJester 12-15-2011 01:01 AM

I'm donating my body to science so they can figure out how my liver has lasted this long. My kiddos will get all of my guns.

c3shooter 12-15-2011 01:10 AM

I still have guns that belonged to my granddads, my dad, and one of my uncles. Opening day of dove season, my dad, who passed away in 95, went dove hunting with me. So to speak.

I plan that my kids, grandkids, and possibly great grandkids will have my guns. Way I look at it, so long as they think well of me when they pick one up, I'll live forever.

Want to put something in my coffin with me? An entrenching tool would be a nice going away present. Possibly some asbestos undies........:p

MrWray 12-15-2011 01:59 AM

All of my guns will be passed down to my kids, i would rather them enjoy them as i have