Bullets
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 29

Default Bullets

I have new Glock 17 should I use jacket bullets and are you telling me I should not use cast lead bullets, I just want to do it right, are there data for Glock hand guns

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #2

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its a known fact in the glock world that you DO NOT use lead cast bullets in your stock glock barrel. If you want to use cast lead you will need to buy an aftermarket barrel.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

biggun Likes This 
Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Depends on what you want the bullets to do. Nothing wrong with full metal jacket for practice, target shooting, plinking, etc. If you want to use the pistol for self defense and / or concealed carry, there are better options, most of which are jacketed hollow point. In the past decade or so, there has been a quantum leap forward in pistol ammo design, and the 9mm ammo available today is NOT your father's 9mm.

I recommend buying US made self defense ammo, such as Speer Gold Dot, Hornady Critical Defense or Critical Duty (if you can get it), or Federal's self defense loads, etc. Yes the self defense ammo is more expensive, but self defense is not somewhere to go cheap, and it is not designed for plinking.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved