Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Bullet stuck in G19 barrel. Help! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/bullet-stuck-g19-barrel-help-27456/)

Mount_Sannine 05-23-2010 12:11 AM

Bullet stuck in G19 barrel. Help!

Hy,

Was shooting my G19 at the outdoor range and thought why not shoot those really old amo that I have.

I guess it was a bad decision :-(. first one went out ok, second one didnít go bang; it ďburntĒ. I heard the powder burning without the explosion.

Cheking out what happened I found the tip of the bullet showing at the end of the gunís barrel!

Its 3mm aprox outside the barrel, and I canít take it out.
Any ideas?

doctherock 05-23-2010 12:34 AM

use a small brass punch if you have one or a soft steel punch. Disassemble the gun and from the breech end tap out the stuck bullet. Be careful not to mar up the barrel.

Mount_Sannine 05-23-2010 12:46 AM

Hy doctherock, excuse my weak understanding of terminologies, but which is the "breech end" ? :o

I disassembled the gun and tried to knock the end of the barrel where the (bullet is showing) on a wooden surface, the bullet is deforming (the tip of the bullet is becoming flat) and its not moving.

I sprayed the barrel with WD-40 oil, and waited then tried again, still not moving :S

doctherock 05-23-2010 12:48 AM

Breech end, the end the shell casing enters. The muzzle end being where the bullet is stuck. Lightly tap the bullet with the small punch and hammer and it will come out. Had this happen before myself.

Mount_Sannine 05-23-2010 12:53 AM

Ok, will try that.
Thanks

dnthmn2004 05-23-2010 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Help the bullet continue its normal "path" through the barrel - out the muzzle. Don't hammer it back through.

Mount_Sannine 05-23-2010 01:08 AM

Oups, well now I know.

Tried tapping on it from the breech end, and it is not working either, I hope I didn't make things worse by taping it from the wrong side.

I need proper tools to hold the bared while hitting on the bullet. I think only a gunsmith can help now.

JonM 05-23-2010 01:24 AM

i had that happen with my sig 220 had a reload sans powder. the primer shoved it just far enough to fully lodge in the rifling. i took a punch held the punch and barrel in one hand and smacked witha hammer with the other. took me an hour to get the bullet out one smack reset recenter the punch another smack.

good luck

gorknoids 05-23-2010 01:43 AM

I'm guessing the toilet plunger/shoe-horn thing didn't work...... Glad you weren't shooting back at a bad guy.

General-Logic 05-23-2010 01:54 AM

Wooden dowel and a small hammer. Insert the wooden<WOODEN dowel in the barrel from the back side where the bullet enters(breech) until it rests on the bullet. Then, using a small hammer, tap the dowel until the bullet falls through. Dont send it back down the barrel.