Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Buds Guns issue (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/buds-guns-issue-59569/)

edteach 03-06-2012 01:46 PM

Buds Guns issue

I purchased a gun at buds guns, I made the order on the 29th. Was told it would be shipped from 3 to 7 days. I am now in the sixth day and called and was told it would not ship till next week sometime. I also took a day off work to get my gun because when I ordered it I was told that the mag could not ship with the gun and it would ship USPS and the gun UPS. I got a shipping notification with tracking for UPS.

Nothing in the email that said it was for the mag. I assumed from the information that I was given that it was the gun so I waited a whole day with nothing coming in. I checked the shipping number at the end of the day and it said that it had shipped to my door. I then knew they shipped the mag to me by UPS. I also called and found that they have not shipped my gun and since I have moved and will not be here past a another week this puts the gun coming in past when I leave if they do not ship as the buds service personnel told me. This puts the gun shipping past 12 days after order. I was assured it would ship with in 3 to 7 days no problem. I told Buds to cancel the order and was told that they would do it but its a 10% fee. LOL Really?

Buds can't ship within the time they promised and then wants to charge me for their inability to keep to the time they promised. If they told the truth that they would ship when they shipped and you just have to wait and I agreed that would be fine. But They have been very unhelpful and as I type I am on hold getting bumped to someone who supposedly can tell me something different. LOL I have a gun ready to ship with in two days from another dealer for about 6 dollars more. Conclusion? If you can wait and don't care buy from buds I guess, but if you need to keep to a schedule and want customer service don't buy from Buds guns.

I just got off the phone with the supervisor at buds. He said that this gun is going to be a while before they can get it out. That its back ordered. LOL While I was waiting on line I was listening to the propaganda and it said that if its not available it will be marked on the web sight. Well its still marked in stock. Not very happy with buds guns.
I told them to end the order and he did say he would end it with out a 10% fee. But he needs the credit card and its the Buds GE card that I do not have. LOL The one that it gives you instant credit and adds the option to the order, now I have to call GE to find out the information if they even will give it to me over the phone to get it credited back. What a cluster foxtrot.

I ordred the gun from another place and paid the 10 extra to get next day delivery. She was very helpful and said that it would go out in two days. Its Oneclickshooting.com.

silverado113 03-06-2012 02:00 PM

Weird. I have ordered a few from them and never had a problem with their shipping. My orders have always arrived on time.

InDefenseofLiberty 03-06-2012 02:05 PM

So its buds fault you didn't read the disclaimer on their site? It specifically states that just because the gun is listed does not guarantee availability. I just got my new xdm from them and had no issues. Had my gun exactly when they said.

When you are dealing with huge stores online ocassionally you will hit snags. To expect otherwise is unrealistic. I'm sure you are not the first this has happened to but, its not the norm I assure you. Posting a knee jerk reaction to one bad purchase is the reason no one puts any credence into valid bad reviews. If you are on a deadline for a purchase I suggest paying the extra and buying local since that is the only way to guarantee availability.

HOSSFLY 03-06-2012 02:08 PM

Always had GREAT service from Buds :cool:

Polygon 03-06-2012 04:06 PM

My last three guns were purchased from Bud's. My next gun will most likely be bought from them as well.

scott_gen 03-06-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
Always had GREAT service from Buds :cool:

I've been eyeballing some guns there. Is it a huge hassle to order online? Do I need to see my FFL dealer first or after the purchase? I know he does transfers.

PrimePorkchop 03-06-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 730694)
Weird. I have ordered a few from them and never had a problem with their shipping. My orders have always arrived on time.

Same here.

I'm sorry you're having trouble at Buds, but I know their sales are up BIG TIME right now, lots and lots of people buying more guns than ever before. It sucks that you have to wait, but do try and see from the end, they're doing everything they can.

I'm sure if you called and said something, they'd do what they could to make things right with you.

Almost every gun I own was purchased through Buds...never once had a problem :o

canebrake 03-06-2012 04:24 PM

I have dealt with Bud'e for years, NOT one issue! They have a sterling reputation here with their price, shipping and service. I always recommend them when members are shopping for a new gun.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I am however, confused with your statement; "I ordred the gun from another place and paid the 10 extra to get next day delivery. She was very helpful and said that it would go out in two days. Its Oneclickshooting.com."

Now if I get this right, you paid for next day delivery but you are happy they will get it out in two days?

Does that mean you will miss another day of work tomorrow only to "not receive" the next day shipment from them?

And with this potential disappointment, you still have the desire to advertise their site?

Me thinks I smell a troll/spammer!

PrimePorkchop 03-06-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gen (Post 730806)
I've been eyeballing some guns there. Is it a huge hassle to order online? Do I need to see my FFL dealer first or after the purchase? I know he does transfers.

I buy online because of sales tax...I love keeping my money local, to local dealers here in town, but the sales tax on a $1,400 rifle is enough to knock you on your ass and i'd rather spend that $$ on ammo.

As far as your FFL dealer - its not a hassle as long as they're pre-registered with Buds. otherise, your dealer has to send paperwork to them, and it can be a pain in the butt if they're lagging behind.

As long as they're on an approved list, however, it's as simple as selecting them from a drop down list.

Go in the very day you order your gun and fill out your paperwork and pay, that way when it comes in, all you do is go pick it up and take it home =)

canebrake 03-06-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gen (Post 730806)

Scott, Bud's most likely has your FFL on record. If not, you will need to have them fax/email Bud's a copy of their license. Once payment clears, Bud's will ship the gun to you in care of the FFL holder.(Your name will be on the exterior of the package.)

If Bud's has your FFL on record, you should still contact them and let them know to expect your inbound gun.

Remember that Bud's listed price is for a cash purchase. Should you send a check it's clearing will delay shipping.

I'm sure you will experience the same fine service I have from Bud's.

If the transfer fee is >$25, shop around. Also you should give your FFL a shot at the sale. They have some wiggle room and even with the tax, they can get close to the mail-order price. Plus you keep the $$ local.

cane