Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > buds gun shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default buds gun shop

is buds guns shop a respected business. never delt with them or ever bought a gun online. some of the pics are not what are advertised and his prices seem very low... how much is his shipping cost usually? reasonable? customer service if order is wrong??? are te "factory new" guns really new guns? any good/bad experiences... sorry for all the questions i'm just very skeptic about buying online esp. a firearm.
thanks,
alan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

2 things:

1.) Always trust your gut instinct.
2.) Buy local and face to face.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I think buds is a great place to compare prices with. I check there alot to get an idea of gun values.
They have very good reviews on their customer service even though sometimes people complain about the purchase they made.

Listen to Matt G, buy gun in hand!!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I've bought 2 from Bud's that I couldn't find locally at a reasonable price. Everything went smooth and I saved a good bit on each gun. While I'd rather buy local, I'd have no problems using Bud's again...

Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I can't buy anything here in LA. The gun shops have a few Glocks and Sigs and that’s it. I got my S&W 1911 from Bud's and I just got a S&W M&P 45 from Buds. Plus some accessories as well. They have been helpful and efficient in all our transactions.

I'd buy local if you can, but if you have to order Buds is a good choice.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #6

I'm lucky enough to actually be able to go to their retail store since it's here in town. The guys there have been nothing but great. They'll take the time to answer any questions, they're usually more than fair and usually give you a cash discount over credit.

From my in-person experience, I don't think you could go wrong with them. I bought my XD9 there and they even discounted the extra mag to go with it.

Kodiak

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Old 07-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak1973 View Post
I'm lucky enough to actually be able to go to their retail store since it's here in town. The guys there have been nothing but great. They'll take the time to answer any questions, they're usually more than fair and usually give you a cash discount over credit.

From my in-person experience, I don't think you could go wrong with them. I bought my XD9 there and they even discounted the extra mag to go with it.

Kodiak
Just one? We've got 5 or 6 gun shops here in Redding, CA.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #8

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I live in the same town that Bud's is based. They have a retail store in Lexington and Paris Kentucky. I usually go by there a couple of times a month.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Old 07-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I have purchased one gun from Buds. Went very smooth. I prefer to sometimes shop at Online Gun Deals - Home They are very reasonable and reliable. I usually compare their price plus shipping and transfer to a local dealer who has to charge sales tax. Sometimes you save, some times the local dealer will match the total price, and sometimes you can do better at the local dealer.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 07-24-2009, 03:09 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I bought one pistol from Buds, listed as LNIB (like new in box). When it arrived it was far from like new and the box tag didn't match the serial numbner of the pistol and not even the same caliber. when I called them they told me it was a used gun sale and they described the firearm as best as they could. Not return/no refund. Buy face to face, your best buy is at your local gun shop.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.