Budget Handgun Manufacturers - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Budget Handgun Manufacturers

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyGunworks View Post
Semi or Revolvers.

I see this as a chance to bring to light the good, bad and the ugly of handguns under $350.

Hi-point, Jennings, Bryco, Kel-Tec, Taurus, Bersa, Diamondback, Tristar, Heritage, North American Arms, Charter Arms, etc.
I wouldn't give a dollar for any of those except the Charter arms, and the only reason I say that is my dad has a charter arms .38 revolver that is every bit of 50 years old that works fine. By the way, Jennings-Lorcin-Jimenez-Bryco are all the same crap gun with different names.
__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyGunworks View Post
lol, maybe limit the discussion to serious malfunctions, explosions, personal or very reliable sources.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I wouldn't give a dollar for any of those except the Charter arms, and the only reason I say that is my dad has a charter arms .38 revolver that is every bit of 50 years old that works fine. By the way, Jennings-Lorcin-Jimenez-Bryco are all the same crap gun with different names.
See?---its too late
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
See?---its too late
Sorry, I only read the first and second posts. I figured the rest would just be blah blah blah. However I shall remedy that here in this one!

This is what happens with those guns as far as serious failures. Scroll down to the third post to see picture of "malfunction"
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=41897
__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Sorry, I only read the first and second posts. I figured the rest would just be blah blah blah. However I shall remedy that here in this one!

This is what happens with those guns as far as serious failures. Scroll down to the third post to see picture of "malfunction"
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=41897
I was going to state that as the reason cause i think that what many do but i hate to type that much
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I was going to state that as the reason cause i think that what many do but i hate to type that much
Well, with a lineup of crap like that, most of the responses will be saying what junk they are. The charter arms is the only one i'd defend at all. My grandfather carried the CA .38 revolver forever, and when he passed he left it to my dad and now my dad carries it. Dad has a baby browning he used to carry, but he gave it to my mom to carry when he got the charter.
__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Well, with a lineup of crap like that, most of the responses will be saying what junk they are. The charter arms is the only one i'd defend at all. My grandfather carried the CA .38 revolver forever, and when he passed he left it to my dad and now my dad carries it. Dad has a baby browning he used to carry, but he gave it to my mom to carry when he got the charter.
Oh i tottaly agree with you--
Its just goin to the the same bashing thread we've had a thousand times-
Let it begin
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rugers9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 202
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Shops will not even selling a bryco or jenning, they wouldn't even take mine off me and I said just give me 20 bucks and it's yours. But I got a Kel Tec PF9 for $289 that is good reliable and great for CC.


Shoot Fast Shoot Straight

__________________
Shoot FastShoot Straight
Rugers9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun manufacturers in michigan capto56 Michigan Gun Forum 4 05-27-2013 02:19 PM
Top 5 manufacturers? bsdavis4296 The Club House 5 12-24-2012 04:48 PM
AK47 manufacturers? PrimePorkchop AK & SKS Discussion 12 09-25-2012 04:13 AM
Can I mix brass from different manufacturers? Jesse17 Ammunition & Reloading 12 05-29-2011 12:00 AM
Handgun manufacturers to avoid? DesertGator General Handgun Discussion 26 09-17-2009 08:11 PM