Browning Hi Power - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Browning Hi Power


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mdauben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 441
Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum
So why do I rarely see this gun mentioned on this forum? Where are all you Browning fans? I'd pass up a table full of modern 9mm's to get to a 50 year old Browning.
I've never actually owned one, but my brother used to have a new 9mm Browning. I thought it was a sweet gun and I've lusted after one a bit fore years. If I had more money to spend on guns I'd definitely have one in my safe, but I just can't justify one to myself when I have a perfectly good Glock 17 that does everything I need in a full size SD gun fore several hundred less than a new Hi Power.
mdauben is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,631
Liked 1314 Times on 742 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I've never actually owned one, but my brother used to have a new 9mm Browning. I thought it was a sweet gun and I've lusted after one a bit fore years. If I had more money to spend on guns I'd definitely have one in my safe, but I just can't justify one to myself when I have a perfectly good Glock 17 that does everything I need in a full size SD gun fore several hundred less than a new Hi Power.
Nothing wrong with HP clones, F E G, Kareens, all make good ones, check Sarco.com for good buys.

Last edited by Gatoragn; 06-17-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

I keep one Belgian Hi-Power with a fitted 6" ported barrel. It is special and they feel as though they were designed for my hand with the original walnut grips. I have a Pachmayr grip on it now but am putting black plastic and a thin rubber wrap on it soon.

With 124 gr. NATO it has to be my current "there can be only one."
browning-hi-power-w-6-inch-ported-barrel-ii.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 06-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.
HockaLouis is offline  
towboater Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:23 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,630
Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Default

I've heard/read nothing but the best about the Hi-powers and am inclined to believe it all, but I'm a compact only guy. Can't stand full sized guns, they're oversized to me, but I don't see any purpose for them in my life, guns are tools to me, and thus must be concealable.

And, if I'm being honest, they're hideous. But that's just a matter of taste. I think Glocks are gorgeous and most think they look like bricks which apparently isn't good. Lol
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,721
Liked 2483 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I've heard/read nothing but the best about the Hi-powers and am inclined to believe it all, but I'm a compact only guy. Can't stand full sized guns, they're oversized to me, but I don't see any purpose for them in my life, guns are tools to me, and thus must be concealable.

And, if I'm being honest, they're hideous. But that's just a matter of taste. I think Glocks are gorgeous and most think they look like bricks which apparently isn't good. Lol
The Argentines made a compact high power clone. you might find it interesting. Made by FM (Yep, they even tried coming close to cloning FN in name.)
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Probably because as good a gun as the Hi Power is... It's marketing efforts are abysmal...

I've not seen a new Hi Power add in at least a decade and I personally think it's due to CZ's upswing and success in the US market.

I've shot dozens of Hi Powers and the are very comparable in every way to the CZ75b... which the Chek's seem to be able to produce and sell at a price point that I doubt Browning could compete with.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
therewolf Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Probably because as good a gun as the Hi Power is... It's marketing efforts are abysmal...

I've not seen a new Hi Power add in at least a decade and I personally think it's due to CZ's upswing and success in the US market.

I've shot dozens of Hi Powers and the are very comparable in every way to the CZ75b... which the Chek's seem to be able to produce and sell at a price point that I doubt Browning could compete with.

Tack
Yeah,but yanno, being a collector, I want one of each,,,
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Morgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 299
Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Little bit of BHP love here

Browning Hi Power - General Handgun Discussion

One from the 70's, 80's and 90's.

The Competition model is easily my favourite though the GP Sport is easily the best looking.

Browning Hi Power - General Handgun Discussion

Would love to get a brushed chrome model soon.
Morgo is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
browning hi power help. modern_sniper Hi Power Firearms 14 10-19-2013 08:02 PM
Browning Hi Power 1982flh80 Semi-Auto Handguns 54 12-03-2012 12:44 AM
Browning Hi-Power welcome here? Transman Semi-Auto Handguns 29 10-21-2010 06:35 PM
New (to me) Browning Hi-Power lonyaeger The Club House 22 05-03-2010 02:00 AM
Browning Hi Power 9mm gt5-33 Semi-Auto Handguns 11 09-29-2009 05:51 PM



Newest Threads