Break free powder blast? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Break free powder blast?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard View Post
LOL! True cane very true, but I am cheap like that!
HEY! I resemble that remark!!

If you must, I prefer the term FRUGAL to cheap!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
Many gun cleaners (like gunscrubber) contain hot solvents like acetone or toluene, and so any competent gun maker uses plastic that is solvent resistant. Even Glock frames are supposedly OK with it. It will attack paint so you have to be careful also cover your sights and optics.
Also be VERY careful about the finish on your wood stocks...it'll eat the varnish off on contact! (unfortunately I learned the hard way)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #13

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter
Many gun cleaners (like gunscrubber) contain hot solvents like acetone or toluene, and so any competent gun maker uses plastic that is solvent resistant. Even Glock frames are supposedly OK with it. It will attack paint so you have to be careful also cover your sights and optics.
I have a funny gun scrubber story

I was at a friends house one day and we went shooting for a few hours. When we got back he decides to clean his pistol over the kitchen sink "using gun scrubber". He generously sprayed the gun scrubber onto his field stipped gun, and i mean generously. He cleaned the gun and reassembled it. After about 10 minutes we started hearing water gushing from somewhere...and we found the cause.. The gunscrubber had went down the drain and ate all of the "plastic" water pipes.. Needless to say he didnt use gun scrubber again

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis