Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Brass Fetcher "Goes There....."

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I just have to ask- why?

Did he get mauled by one or something?
they stole his porridge
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KalashnikovJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,156
Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default

Poor little woodland creatures..............

__________________
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
KalashnikovJosh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

If you shove a pine tree up a bear's butt, does that make it a lolly bop? We need a funded study.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KalashnikovJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,156
Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default

Damn dude,that must've been some good porridge,cause your ass hurt over bears big time.

__________________
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
KalashnikovJosh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
Don't expect any typical service handgun caliber to be effective at immediate incapacitation unless the CNS is hit.
BY CNS I will assume you mean brain and spinal column. With that in mind please allow me to add some info.

Unless you get a brain stem or high spinal column hit immediate incapacitation is an extremely unlikely event. A brain shot or anything below a cervical vertebra hit will normally not cause immediate incapacitation in most handgun calibers, and I stress the word "immediate". In fact, with the majority of handgun calibers and commonly used bullet design calvarium penetration is not at all a sure thing. Strike angle and the area of the skull as well as caliber and projectile design are huge factors in determining whether your shot will even penetrate to the brain.

While odds of incapacitation vary with organ system and degree of organ destruction, no other shot with a common handgun caliber will give you instant incapacitation. That includes totally destroying the heart since the brain will still have enough oxygenated blood to function at a normal level for at least 30 seconds.

In other words, if you want a shot that will totally incapacitate the bad guy right this second your aim point from straight on is a little bit larger than the Surgeon General's warning side of a pack of Marlboro Light 100's. Now all you need is a good knowledge of skeletal anatomy, a very steady hand, and a bullet that will penetrate enough to get there.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I just have to ask- why?

Did he get mauled by one or something?
the general concensus is that a really big bear had forced relations with Gello when he was but a cub himself.

There is no other explanation of such deep seated hatred.
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #17
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

the general concensus is that a really big bear had forced relations with Gello when he was but a cub himself.

There is no other explanation of such deep seated hatred.
Winnie the pooh got Gello's honey pot you say?
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Winnie the pooh got Gello's honey pot you say?
took his porridge too
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #19
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Winnie the pooh got Gello's honey pot you say?

LMAO!!!!


EXACTLY!!

Silly bear dun violated Gelos Hunny pot...


This what most of us think of when we think of Pooh bear....



THIS is what Gello sees in his minds eye...


and in Gellos dreams....
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KalashnikovJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,156
Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
BY CNS I will assume you mean brain and spinal column. With that in mind please allow me to add some info.

Unless you get a brain stem or high spinal column hit immediate incapacitation is an extremely unlikely event. A brain shot or anything below a cervical vertebra hit will normally not cause immediate incapacitation in most handgun calibers, and I stress the word "immediate". In fact, with the majority of handgun calibers and commonly used bullet design calvarium penetration is not at all a sure thing. Strike angle and the area of the skull as well as caliber and projectile design are huge factors in determining whether your shot will even penetrate to the brain.

While odds of incapacitation vary with organ system and degree of organ destruction, no other shot with a common handgun caliber will give you instant incapacitation. That includes totally destroying the heart since the brain will still have enough oxygenated blood to function at a normal level for at least 30 seconds.

In other words, if you want a shot that will totally incapacitate the bad guy right this second your aim point from straight on is a little bit larger than the Surgeon General's warning side of a pack of Marlboro Light 100's. Now all you need is a good knowledge of skeletal anatomy, a very steady hand, and a bullet that will penetrate enough to get there.
Wow.
I'm sticking to my 12 gauge for home defense lol.

As for handguns- I'm pulling the trigger till they stop.

BTW- you guys are just sick and wrong.
__________________
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 08-16-2012 at 01:36 AM.
KalashnikovJosh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Old Revolver - "Revolvers Dreadnought" - "Azul" - Anyone familiar? stelliott80 Revolver Handguns 3 07-13-2011 10:52 PM
"Fire Formed" brass don't fit? lightninman Gunsmithing Forum 10 10-30-2010 11:36 AM
5.56/223 "New" Brass special *Ends Today* Gatekeeper Ammunition & Reloading 2 07-31-2010 09:12 PM
Witloe Remington 1858 New Model Army "Lee" & "Grant" bprevolver Blackpowder & Musket 0 09-25-2008 11:11 PM