Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Brass Fetcher "Goes There....."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I just have to ask- why?

Did he get mauled by one or something?
they stole his porridge

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #12

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Poor little woodland creatures..............

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If you shove a pine tree up a bear's butt, does that make it a lolly bop? We need a funded study.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #14

Damn dude,that must've been some good porridge,cause your ass hurt over bears big time.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Don't expect any typical service handgun caliber to be effective at immediate incapacitation unless the CNS is hit.
BY CNS I will assume you mean brain and spinal column. With that in mind please allow me to add some info.

Unless you get a brain stem or high spinal column hit immediate incapacitation is an extremely unlikely event. A brain shot or anything below a cervical vertebra hit will normally not cause immediate incapacitation in most handgun calibers, and I stress the word "immediate". In fact, with the majority of handgun calibers and commonly used bullet design calvarium penetration is not at all a sure thing. Strike angle and the area of the skull as well as caliber and projectile design are huge factors in determining whether your shot will even penetrate to the brain.

While odds of incapacitation vary with organ system and degree of organ destruction, no other shot with a common handgun caliber will give you instant incapacitation. That includes totally destroying the heart since the brain will still have enough oxygenated blood to function at a normal level for at least 30 seconds.

In other words, if you want a shot that will totally incapacitate the bad guy right this second your aim point from straight on is a little bit larger than the Surgeon General's warning side of a pack of Marlboro Light 100's. Now all you need is a good knowledge of skeletal anatomy, a very steady hand, and a bullet that will penetrate enough to get there.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
I just have to ask- why?

Did he get mauled by one or something?
the general concensus is that a really big bear had forced relations with Gello when he was but a cub himself.

There is no other explanation of such deep seated hatred.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #17
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

the general concensus is that a really big bear had forced relations with Gello when he was but a cub himself.

There is no other explanation of such deep seated hatred.
Winnie the pooh got Gello's honey pot you say?

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #18

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
took his porridge too

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #19
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post

LMAO!!!!

EXACTLY!!

Silly bear dun violated Gelos Hunny pot...

This what most of us think of when we think of Pooh bear....

THIS is what Gello sees in his minds eye...

and in Gellos dreams....

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
BY CNS I will assume you mean brain and spinal column. With that in mind please allow me to add some info.

Unless you get a brain stem or high spinal column hit immediate incapacitation is an extremely unlikely event. A brain shot or anything below a cervical vertebra hit will normally not cause immediate incapacitation in most handgun calibers, and I stress the word "immediate". In fact, with the majority of handgun calibers and commonly used bullet design calvarium penetration is not at all a sure thing. Strike angle and the area of the skull as well as caliber and projectile design are huge factors in determining whether your shot will even penetrate to the brain.

While odds of incapacitation vary with organ system and degree of organ destruction, no other shot with a common handgun caliber will give you instant incapacitation. That includes totally destroying the heart since the brain will still have enough oxygenated blood to function at a normal level for at least 30 seconds.

In other words, if you want a shot that will totally incapacitate the bad guy right this second your aim point from straight on is a little bit larger than the Surgeon General's warning side of a pack of Marlboro Light 100's. Now all you need is a good knowledge of skeletal anatomy, a very steady hand, and a bullet that will penetrate enough to get there.
Wow.
I'm sticking to my 12 gauge for home defense lol.

As for handguns- I'm pulling the trigger till they stop.

BTW- you guys are just sick and wrong.
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 08-16-2012 at 01:36 AM.