Bought my first gun Friday! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Bought my first gun Friday!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
That is still a bunch of BS. I guess Fla is not as free as I thought. Glad to be in the True free state. Clinton said about NH once, Forget the Marines, we can send NH and have 10,000 guns and riflemen. BTW that is the last time I'll ever qoute that dickless wonder. It was just after the Brady bill was signed, before it came into law. 10,000 Firearms sold in NH. That was a 2 week period.
Florida isn't so bad. There's only a wait on handguns, not long guns, and we have no limit on how many you can buy. I was reading somewhere that in Virginia you can only buy one handgun every thirty days. Lame.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpotential View Post
Can you recommend an IWB holster? I don't really plan on shooting competitively (I may go just for fun at some point though), but I may carry concealed at some point and will probably practice that way once I'm ready to draw the weapon from a holster.
After a little looking, I found 3 solid options. Well, two kinda, because two of these holsters are more or less the same thing made by two different companies. Now none of these actually say FNX-9, they are actually for the FNP, but the dimensions of the two pistols are virtually the same. Here's what I came up with.

Crossbreed Supertuck

Theis Holsters

Galco Summer Comfort

Of the 3, the only one I have personally used is the Crossbreed. I've had it for two different pistols, and is what I carry my Glock 26 in everyday, all day. It is a very comfortable, if not the most comfortable, IWB holster.

The Theis is pretty much the exact same holster as the Crossbreed, but at a lower price. While I've personally never used one, I have heard from other respected members of this forum that it is every bit as good as the Crossbreed, but at a lower price point.

If you decide on one of these two holsters, there are two recommendations that I will make.

#1 Get it in the Horsehide. Yes it's more expensive, but it is well worth it. We live in Florida, it gets very hot and humid here, and these holsters cause you to sweat underneath them. The horsehide doesn't absorb sweat as bad as cowhide, so you'll have less sweat being transferred to the firearm, therefore less chance of corrosion.

#2 Get it combat cut. It may not look like much difference, but it makes a huge difference when drawing the firearm. All it does is remove the leather that would be under the grip, allowing you to get a full grip on the pistol before drawing. Small detail, but it makes a huge difference.

On to the Galco. Yet again, another holster that I've never used but have heard great things about. Some people don't like the large profile of the Crossbreed type holsters, the Galco just gives you another option.

There may be others out there, but no my quick search those were the only ones I found. Give it some time. The FNP and FNX are fairly new pistols. In another year or three, there will be a much better selection of holsters out there for them.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-12-2011, 04:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
After a little looking, I found 3 solid options. Well, two kinda, because two of these holsters are more or less the same thing made by two different companies. Now none of these actually say FNX-9, they are actually for the FNP, but the dimensions of the two pistols are virtually the same. Here's what I came up with.

Crossbreed Supertuck

Theis Holsters

Galco Summer Comfort

Of the 3, the only one I have personally used is the Crossbreed. I've had it for two different pistols, and is what I carry my Glock 26 in everyday, all day. It is a very comfortable, if not the most comfortable, IWB holster.

The Theis is pretty much the exact same holster as the Crossbreed, but at a lower price. While I've personally never used one, I have heard from other respected members of this forum that it is every bit as good as the Crossbreed, but at a lower price point.

If you decide on one of these two holsters, there are two recommendations that I will make.

#1 Get it in the Horsehide. Yes it's more expensive, but it is well worth it. We live in Florida, it gets very hot and humid here, and these holsters cause you to sweat underneath them. The horsehide doesn't absorb sweat as bad as cowhide, so you'll have less sweat being transferred to the firearm, therefore less chance of corrosion.

#2 Get it combat cut. It may not look like much difference, but it makes a huge difference when drawing the firearm. All it does is remove the leather that would be under the grip, allowing you to get a full grip on the pistol before drawing. Small detail, but it makes a huge difference.

On to the Galco. Yet again, another holster that I've never used but have heard great things about. Some people don't like the large profile of the Crossbreed type holsters, the Galco just gives you another option.

There may be others out there, but no my quick search those were the only ones I found. Give it some time. The FNP and FNX are fairly new pistols. In another year or three, there will be a much better selection of holsters out there for them.

-Fred
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #24

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
Florida isn't so bad. There's only a wait on handguns, not long guns, and we have no limit on how many you can buy. I was reading somewhere that in Virginia you can only buy one handgun every thirty days. Lame.

-Fred
Man, Florida is great! Get your CWP(CCW), and there's NO wait on handguns.

That's a great pistol, OP. Now you have to go out to the range and put about

2500 rounds through it to (*ahem*cough*) break it in, and work on your

accuracy, and stuff...

Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Man, Florida is great! Get your CWP(CCW), and there's NO wait on handguns.
I've got my CWP so the wait doesn't affect me. I still don't think there should be such a thing though.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #26

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Another vote for the Crossbreed Supertuck. Have 2, love both.

Congrats on your purchase.

Used to live in NH (Hooksett) until 2008. Bought the handgun, took it home as checks were done by phone at the time of purchase.

Live in AZ now. Buy and take it home, end of discussion. But we do have constitutional CC in AZ.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand it.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #27

Time for some pron:

img_0110.jpg

img_0111.jpg

img_0112.jpg

Old 09-16-2011, 06:18 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpotential View Post
After renting/borrowing a Beretta 92FS, Glock 19, S&W 1911, FN 57, CZ 75B, and FNX-9, I've bought the FNX-9. I had a bit of trouble with it due to limp-wristing at first, but quickly resolved that and love the way it shoots. I really liked the gun being fully ambi since I'm left handed and found I liked hammer fired better than striker (S&W M&P's are ambi as well). Unfortunately all I could take home was the cleaning kit. I'm pretty excited about picking it up when I go for my next lesson later this week.
very nice gun purchase! i went on their website and looked them over, and i have to say, very nice looking pistol. i have been looking to replace the 40 s-w i had traded, and i will be giving a lot of thought to the FNX-40, which is the same pistol in 40 caliber. msrp is $699, not cheap, but not bad for a quality firearm either. thanks for the heads-up, and hope you enjoy your new pistol when you pick it up!