Boomer is here! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Boomer is here!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,152
Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Default

It will be a while before pix. Sadly this isn't going to be a drop in for me. I tried it on the Caspian as well as the Springer GI and neither will function correctly as the slide is binding. The Caspian binds on the way back and the Springer has a tough time going into battery. I'm going to have to pick the platform and have a 'smith fit this one...
NGIB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,387
Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Man, you went and got us all excited!
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
It will be a while before pix. Sadly this isn't going to be a drop in for me. I tried it on the Caspian as well as the Springer GI and neither will function correctly as the slide is binding. The Caspian binds on the way back and the Springer has a tough time going into battery. I'm going to have to pick the platform and have a 'smith fit this one...
Call Renee at CCG 888 458 4126 and tell her what the problem is. Mine did the same thing and I shipped the slide and kit to them and the fit was made and back to me in a week.

They will take care of you.

Tell Renee to come back to the forum, canebrake misses her!

No matter how hard you try, you will never reach this level of awesomeness!

Boomer is here! - General Handgun Discussion
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,152
Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Follow up.

While the kit did not drop in my other 2 government size 1911s, it dropped into my customized Mil-Spec and functions smooth as silk. I really wanted the Caspian/Foster to be the platform but I'm seriously happy I'll be able to run some rounds thru it this Saturday. My son should get a real hoot out of shooting this one.

Here's Boomer...

Boomer is here! - General Handgun Discussion
NGIB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mesinge2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,535
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Really really want to read the range report; please post a link to your range report here so that we don't miss it.
__________________
www.pistol-talk.com

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!
mesinge2 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

That installation kit has had at least two range reports already. And possibly a third one if the previous owner to Dave posted one with his results. I can't remember.
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,152
Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That installation kit has had at least two range reports already. And possibly a third one if the previous owner to Dave posted one with his results. I can't remember.
Maybe, but I actually shoot a 1911 well...
NGIB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Holy cow that thing is SWEET!!!

*wallpaper*
Gojubrian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silentghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hinesville,Georgia
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Follow up.

While the kit did not drop in my other 2 government size 1911s, it dropped into my customized Mil-Spec and functions smooth as silk. I really wanted the Caspian/Foster to be the platform but I'm seriously happy I'll be able to run some rounds thru it this Saturday. My son should get a real hoot out of shooting this one.

Here's Boomer...

Boomer is here! - General Handgun Discussion
Poo... I was hoping that it wouldn't fit so we could see if it works on the Para
silentghost is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Maybe, but I actually shoot a 1911 well...
I guess we'll see won't we?
__________________
If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer
spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads