Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Bond Derringer .45LC/.410 as a Backup? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/bond-derringer-45lc-410-backup-46156/)

WannaGator 08-02-2011 05:26 PM

Bond Derringer .45LC/.410 as a Backup?
 
Now that I have a Judge I wonder if a Bond Derringer in .45LC/.410 would be good as a backup?

pioneer461 08-02-2011 07:51 PM

I think the Bond derringer would make an excellent backup, but never as a primary carry pistol. Two rounds just isn't enough.

WannaGator 08-02-2011 11:41 PM

I was thinking if I mixed slugs ,PDX,and 000 in the Judge and had 2 more PDX or Buckshot in the derringer that gives me 7 shots of .410 nastiness.

I don't think I need anymore than that.

HOSSFLY 08-03-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneer461 (Post 554738)
I think the Bond derringer would make an excellent backup, but never as a primary carry pistol. Two rounds just isn't enough.

I agree BUT i really prefer the American Arms derringer over Bond :cool:

Txhillbilly 08-03-2011 12:26 AM

WannaGator,Not to talk bad about Bond Arms,but you need to dry fire one.The triggers in those guns are absolutely horrible.I'd say they are around 10-12lb triggers,and from what I've been told that's a good one.

HOSSFLY 08-03-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 554918)
WannaGator,Not to talk bad about Bond Arms,but you need to dry fire one.The triggers in those guns are absolutely horrible.I'd say they are around 10-12lb triggers,and from what I've been told that's a good one.

10-12lbs WUD be concidered a GOOD trigger pull on one :o

Stkman252 08-03-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 554921)
10-12lbs WUD be concidered a GOOD trigger pull on one :o

Actually the trigger is not that bad once u learn how to use it. You do not just pull back on the trigger on a bond arms derringer, you have to roll down on the trigger. I learned this after researching this derringer after buying one.

WannaGator 08-04-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stkman252 (Post 555240)
Actually the trigger is not that bad once u learn how to use it. You do not just pull back on the trigger on a bond arms derringer, you have to roll down on the trigger. I learned this after researching this derringer after buying one.

This doesn't sound too bad as I've owned a Glock with a "New York" trigger ie 11 pound pull and an AMT Backup in .45ACP.

It cut my forehead with the front sight the 1st time I shot it with .45ACP +P(230 Grain Golden Saber ammo if I remember correctly).

I loved/hated the AMT,I shot the guts outta that gun.

I like the multiple barrel idea that the Bond derringer that allows about 20+ calibers to be used by the same gun.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.