Bond Arms Derringers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Bond Arms Derringers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bond Arms Derringers

Does anyone have any experience with them? I"m thinking about getting one to carry around my property when I'm doing work.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #2

I have the Snake Slayer (4.25' barrel/45 Colt & 410 shell) and I love it. If you choose a large caliber one make sure you invest in the a set of extended grips because the smaller ones do tend to hurt my hand. They also have excellent customer service and ship items out very quickly.

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it does not work you can always hit him with it.

-Boris the Blade, on guns.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:42 AM   #3

I was looking at the snake slayer actually. 410/45LC is just right. One barrel for snakes and the other for any coyotes that want to come walking up. Larger grips for it though huh?

Old 03-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #4

Or gloves; which may be the cheaper alternative.

But who knows, my threshold for pain may be less than yours. Good luck, you won't be disappointed with their quality.

Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it does not work you can always hit him with it.

-Boris the Blade, on guns.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Unless you just want the derringer for it's smaller size, for your purpose I would want something that holds more than 2 rounds, like a Taurus Judge or that new S&W Governor.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Iff'n I ever hear about Grunt packing a Judge - the ridicule will be merciless...

Old 03-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #7

I have a Snake Slayer .410/.45. It's great for pocket carry.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Bond Arms makes some great guns.They are just down the road from me,in Granbury,Tx.
Their triggers are a bit stiff for me though.I've shot a few,and just don't care for the heavy triggers on them.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Iff'n I ever hear about Grunt packing a Judge - the ridicule will be merciless...
If you ever hear of me packing a judge not only will I ridicule myself, but I will drive to GA so you and the fellas can give a good ass whippin.

As for a Derringer to shoot snakes, I want it for it's size. It's big enough to use with work gloves on and from what I felt when I handled one today it's light enough to carry when I'm working in the yard. As for capacity, If I find a snake that can with stand 2 shots to the head, I'm running. If I find more than 2 snakes, I'm running. After either, I'm calling in a favor and having my yard nuked from orbit.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Bond Arms makes some great guns.They are just down the road from me,in Granbury,Tx.
Their triggers are a bit stiff for me though.I've shot a few,and just don't care for the heavy triggers on them.
I think that the heavy trigger is a purposeful feature due to the fact that most of their guns have no triggerguard.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!