Bond Arms Derringer
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Bond Arms Derringer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bond Arms Derringer

Does anyone have any information on or experience with the Bond Arms Derringers? They seem to be very well made little guns. This will be just a little fun gun and perhaps a match gun for SASS side matches.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Shot a few, along with the Taurus Judge, though it is not as heavy as the Judge, they are both small and have some kick. Both shoot the .410 shells and .45 LC. IMHO I would prefer the Bond Arms derringer just based on its size and weight and they are fairly accurate guns, but as with many guns, the accuracy isn't in the barrel's length, but in the rifling and crowning, combined with the ammo load. I shot a buddies while at the range one day and could hit a silhouette with it out to 25 yards shooting the .45's (the furthest we tried before 50 where I missed every shot) with the derringer. As a 2 shot gun and 19 oz of well made stainless parts, you have a nice little blunt force object for when 2 shots just aren't enough. They do compete with them in SASS side matches.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 08-10-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spellimg

Old 08-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #3

Liked 92 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 25

They are very well made and well suited for the SAS scene. They are still being manufactured in Granbury, Texas. They have several different models in several calibers. You can check their website out at Bond Arms Welcome

Those of us in Occupied Kalifornia don't have privi to these nicely made derringers.

Hope this helps.
Jim............................

Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #4

Default Thanks for the help

Thank you. It is nice to get some good advice. Apparently we have some knowledgeable folks in the group.
You confirmed what I thought. I bought one of the little guns and took it to the range this morning. I am going to have to practice grip and trigger control with the little gun but it was a lot of fun to shoot. Sorry about California.

Thanks Again,

Gunsmoke Ray

Last edited by ad5zt; 08-10-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #5

Keep in mind that Bond Arms makes 14 different barrels (calibers) for their guns also. I personally own barrels for a .22LR, a 9mm, a .45LC/.410 and a 327.

GLOCK 19 G19 NS 3RD GEN
:)

Old 09-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #6

I have a Snake Slayer IV in 45/.410 and it's well made. However with 3" magnums its hard to hold on to...and the trigger pull is extremely hard(i'm not sure what the actual pull is in pounds but...jeese.)

Old 09-18-2009, 04:59 AM   #7

Liked 1433 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
I have a Snake Slayer IV in 45/.410 and it's well made. However with 3" magnums its hard to hold on to...and the trigger pull is extremely hard(i'm not sure what the actual pull is in pounds but...jeese.)
Gutpile, why don't you go over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #8

Liked 1284 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 613

+1 with Gutpile on the trigger pull on these. I thought Ruger triggers sucked,The pull on the Bond Arms make a Ruger seem like a lightweight match trigger. I wanted one until I handled a couple and the triggers felt like they were 8lbs or more.
I live just a few miles from them and I'm going to try to find out if there can be much done for the trigger pull on their guns,they are very well built.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #9

Liked 1433 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I thought Ruger triggers sucked,The pull on the Bond Arms make a Ruger seem like a lightweight match trigger.
Tx you squeezed the LCR cam trigger yet?

One of the nicest DA revolver triggers I have finessed!

My SBH SA trigger is..........a SA trigger......I thought that was going somewhere??

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #10

Liked 1284 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Tx you squeezed the LCR cam trigger yet?

One of the nicest DA revolver triggers I have finessed!

My SBH SA trigger is..........a SA trigger......I thought that was going somewhere??
Well atleast you caught yourself Cane,you know what I was saying!
Your always trying to make me look bad!!! LOL