Bogus AT&T - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Bogus AT&T

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Reading all of this makes me want to start keeping my Kimber .45 loaded with me in the living room every night. I don't want to be paranoid when I am at home, but I guess you reallly can't be too safe can you?

Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
Reading all of this makes me want to start keeping my Kimber .45 loaded with me in the living room every night. I don't want to be paranoid when I am at home, but I guess you reallly can't be too safe can you?

Not paranoid... PREPARED!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #13

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I never get any one comming to my door, i am quite hart broken. I wander if it has anything to do with all the bodies they have to step over to knock?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #14

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

My HK is worn iwb from the moment I get out of bed, until I take my pants off to go to bed.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
Yikes!!! You mean you don't keep your Kimber loaded and handy in the living room. This same "I'm from AT&T we nned to talk to you" at night??? was reported here in the last couple of weeks. Interestingly I have read of at least four instances in a three county area since last Thanksgiving where home intruders were shot "and Killed". No prosecution of homeowers in any instances. Thanks to wise district attorneys.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Mark, that a boy!!...Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I never get any one coming to my door, i am quite hart broken. I wander if it has anything to do with all the bodies they have to step over to knock?
I feel ya opaww! I got the same problem, but no bodies, just my collection string of "severed right ears" hanging on the front door. They seem to leave rather quickly, once they recognize just what it is.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcoptn46 View Post
Yikes!!! You mean you don't keep your Kimber loaded and handy in the living room. This same "I'm from AT&T we nned to talk to you" at night??? was reported here in the last couple of weeks. Interestingly I have read of at least four instances in a three county area since last Thanksgiving where home intruders were shot "and Killed". No prosecution of homeowers in any instances. Thanks to wise district attorneys.
I have a little .38 snubby with a speed loader right next to it sitting on my nightstand. If I got a knock at the front door really late, I would just go retrieve that from my room before I even said a word through the door.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #18

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Here in CA our power is supplied by a company called PG&E. The newest scam and believe it or not, people are falling for this.

Two guys knock on the door posing as a PG&E employees and tell the people they need to change out all the copper wiring in the house. Then the people sit back and watch as the copper thieves tear the sheetrock down and steal the copper wire out of their house. Leave with a handshake and tell them they'll come back tomorrow to "put the new wire in."
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #19

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

My dad worked for PG&E them boys don't need to steal anything.... HOLY crap they make good money. My dad has brought home meal checkes that were almost 10k for a month.

It is amazing what people will fall for. I dad hated doing knock and notifies in Frisco and Oakland.

I hate to say it but if I would have gotten a job with PG&E I would still be living in CA....

Old 01-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #20

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

The last scammers around here were two good looking ladies that were going to houses in the neighborhood. They would say they were new neighbors on the street behind you and their cat had gotten out and jumped into your back yard. One lady would stay out in the front calling for the missing cat as the other would go with the home owners into the back yard. Then when the HOs were in the back the lady out front would go in the house and grab wallets purses and jewelry. They hit a couple just down the street for a lot.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."