Blow Magnum 9mm Blank pistol Problem
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Blow Magnum 9mm Blank pistol Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Blow Magnum 9mm Blank pistol Problem

Good day dear friends

I recently bought a blow magnum 9mm blank pistol (silver) and from the first shot i get the following problem.

I load it properly and arm it, when i fire the moving parts do not move back to eject the old cartridge and insert the new one. When i do it manually it feels normal as if the gun was not semi-automatic...

I disassembled, checked, and cleaned it but no luck. I Checked for loose or damaged parts but it looks ok. I am very disapointed.

Any ideas ?

Last edited by GreekFire; 03-29-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I am not familiar with that device, but i wonder if the ammunition has enough power to make the action cycle. Perhaps the manufacturer has some advice on choosing ammunition for the device on their website.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #3

That's what I first thought and I tried different brand 9mm blank cartridges but the same.

I believe that the barrel is bad; it doesn’t release the gases correctly to make it move back.

I wonder if that can be fixed.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #4

Looking in the net i found an article about that gun saying that it is a single action or semi automatic blank firing gun.

What does that mean ? is there a way to select semi-automatic mood ?

Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Single action does not mean single shot- it mean that a hammer must be manually cocked before firing the first shot. A real 9mm operates from the recoil of firing a lead bullet. Without the mass of a lead bullet to provide recoil, semi-auto blank guns rely on restricting the release of gasses when the blank is fired. If the barrel of your gun has been modified (as in an attempt to permit it to fire live ammo) it will not function in the semi-auto mode. i do not have a great deal of experience with blank firing guns (mine are all actual firearms) and it is very difficult to attempt to diagnose a problem at long distance, with no pictures, no owner's manual. Do some internet checking for an owner's manual for your pistol.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #6

This is a little off the subject but can 9mm crimped blanks be used in those style guns. I'm familar with the p.a.9mm blanks.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Single action does not mean single shot- it mean that a hammer must be manually cocked before firing the first shot. A real 9mm operates from the recoil of firing a lead bullet. Without the mass of a lead bullet to provide recoil, semi-auto blank guns rely on restricting the release of gasses when the blank is fired. If the barrel of your gun has been modified (as in an attempt to permit it to fire live ammo) it will not function in the semi-auto mode. i do not have a great deal of experience with blank firing guns (mine are all actual firearms) and it is very difficult to attempt to diagnose a problem at long distance, with no pictures, no owner's manual. Do some internet checking for an owner's manual for your pistol.
No, i never tryed to modify the barrel because i know that it is extremely dangerous to fire real ammo useing a blank firing gun Besides i only like theese kind of guns because they are both fun and safe ! we have a custom to fire ammo at weddings and at all kinds of celebrations and thats why i want it to be safe.

You do have a point though. It must be some failure of the barrel to use the gases to "rearm"

Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #8

Here in the states most all of the blank guns you see have solid barrels with two small holes near the breach for the gas to escape. Those sold in europe and Canada have a post in the barrel and a threaded muzzle to take a flare firing adapter.The gas escapes out the muzzle. I'd guess the gun should go back to the seller or buy a revolver they are just as loud. I have fired a selective fire blank gun widely available here and it was flawless. Thats the limit of my experience. [ Greek weddings sound like my kind of wedding!! ]

Old 04-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7793 Times on 4680 Posts
Likes Given: 9795

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekFire View Post
Besides i only like theese kind of guns because they are both fun and safe ! we have a custom to fire ammo at weddings and at all kinds of celebrations and thats why i want it to be safe.
At least you guys are smart enough to use blanks. I'm not sure what country this is from but Darwin is helping to thin out the herd here. This man died on the way to the hospital. Shot by his own stupidity and his own 2 year old child. Must have had a very light trigger pull.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Firequest Confetti Ammo (3 Pack) - G12-033
My nephew has requested these at his wedding; so far, i have declined.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.