Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Blow Magnum 9mm Blank pistol Problem (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/blow-magnum-9mm-blank-pistol-problem-40472/)

GreekFire 03-29-2011 11:37 AM

Blow Magnum 9mm Blank pistol Problem

Good day dear friends

I recently bought a blow magnum 9mm blank pistol (silver) and from the first shot i get the following problem.

I load it properly and arm it, when i fire the moving parts do not move back to eject the old cartridge and insert the new one. When i do it manually it feels normal as if the gun was not semi-automatic...

I disassembled, checked, and cleaned it but no luck. I Checked for loose or damaged parts but it looks ok. I am very disapointed. :(

Any ideas ?

orangello 03-29-2011 12:31 PM

I am not familiar with that device, but i wonder if the ammunition has enough power to make the action cycle. Perhaps the manufacturer has some advice on choosing ammunition for the device on their website.

GreekFire 03-29-2011 01:52 PM

That's what I first thought and I tried different brand 9mm blank cartridges but the same.

I believe that the barrel is bad; it doesn’t release the gases correctly to make it move back.

I wonder if that can be fixed.

GreekFire 03-30-2011 11:38 AM

Looking in the net i found an article about that gun saying that it is a single action or semi automatic blank firing gun.

What does that mean ? is there a way to select semi-automatic mood ?:confused:

c3shooter 03-30-2011 12:06 PM

Single action does not mean single shot- it mean that a hammer must be manually cocked before firing the first shot. A real 9mm operates from the recoil of firing a lead bullet. Without the mass of a lead bullet to provide recoil, semi-auto blank guns rely on restricting the release of gasses when the blank is fired. If the barrel of your gun has been modified (as in an attempt to permit it to fire live ammo) it will not function in the semi-auto mode. i do not have a great deal of experience with blank firing guns (mine are all actual firearms) and it is very difficult to attempt to diagnose a problem at long distance, with no pictures, no owner's manual. Do some internet checking for an owner's manual for your pistol.

meadville 04-01-2011 01:36 AM

This is a little off the subject but can 9mm crimped blanks be used in those style guns. I'm familar with the p.a.9mm blanks.

GreekFire 04-12-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 475718)
Single action does not mean single shot- it mean that a hammer must be manually cocked before firing the first shot. A real 9mm operates from the recoil of firing a lead bullet. Without the mass of a lead bullet to provide recoil, semi-auto blank guns rely on restricting the release of gasses when the blank is fired. If the barrel of your gun has been modified (as in an attempt to permit it to fire live ammo) it will not function in the semi-auto mode. i do not have a great deal of experience with blank firing guns (mine are all actual firearms) and it is very difficult to attempt to diagnose a problem at long distance, with no pictures, no owner's manual. Do some internet checking for an owner's manual for your pistol.

No, i never tryed to modify the barrel because i know that it is extremely dangerous to fire real ammo useing a blank firing gun Besides i only like theese kind of guns because they are both fun and safe ! we have a custom to fire ammo at weddings and at all kinds of celebrations and thats why i want it to be safe.

You do have a point though. It must be some failure of the barrel to use the gases to "rearm"

meadville 04-13-2011 02:06 PM

Here in the states most all of the blank guns you see have solid barrels with two small holes near the breach for the gas to escape. Those sold in europe and Canada have a post in the barrel and a threaded muzzle to take a flare firing adapter.The gas escapes out the muzzle. I'd guess the gun should go back to the seller or buy a revolver they are just as loud. I have fired a selective fire blank gun widely available here and it was flawless. Thats the limit of my experience. [ Greek weddings sound like my kind of wedding!! ]:)

winds-of-change 04-13-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreekFire (Post 484801)
Besides i only like theese kind of guns because they are both fun and safe ! we have a custom to fire ammo at weddings and at all kinds of celebrations and thats why i want it to be safe.

At least you guys are smart enough to use blanks. I'm not sure what country this is from but Darwin is helping to thin out the herd here. This man died on the way to the hospital. Shot by his own stupidity and his own 2 year old child. Must have had a very light trigger pull.

orangello 04-13-2011 04:38 PM

Firequest Confetti Ammo (3 Pack) - G12-033
My nephew has requested these at his wedding; so far, i have declined.