blank pistol

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > blank pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default blank pistol

Why do they make pistols specifically to shoot blanks? Why not just make blanks that shoot in regular pistols?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I couldn't imagine starting a marathon with a 1911 or Glock.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I think it is to make sure some idiot doesn't start a track meet with a real pistol, using real ammo. Not to mention, they are a lot cheaper than real guns.

I heard a news story recently about Cincinnati Ohio mayor who refuses to use starter pistols, and insists races begin with a good blow.....on a whistle.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1187340583133830.xml&coll=2

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 10-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #4

I am in a Old West re-enactment group, and we use real, live firearms firing black powder blanks. I am also the Safety Officer, and my responsibilities include weapons checks, issuing blanks and making damn sure no one has any live ammo at the performance site. The blank-firing only guns take a special sized blank to ensure no live ammo can be loaded in the gun. The guns themselves are cheap and prone to malfunction which is why our group elected not to use them.