Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   BlackGunOwners.org, Adopt-A-Hwy, Litter Pickup (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/blackgunowners-org-adopt-hwy-litter-pickup-14772/)

JohnnyBlk45 06-14-2009 12:42 PM

BlackGunOwners.org, Adopt-A-Hwy, Litter Pickup

1 Attachment(s)
This was a great event our first time out we had three people but next time we'll have a lot more members involved. The cleanup took an hour and fifteen minutes to complete and then we spent another hour talking, all in all it was a great events.

Thanks everyone,

hillbilly68 06-14-2009 02:09 PM

That is a great way to continue to get the message out that gun owners give back to the community. Great effort

JohnnyBlk45 06-14-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly68 (Post 117054)
That is a great way to continue to get the message out that gun owners give back to the community. Great effort

I total agree with you, and thank you.

dunerunner 06-14-2009 02:14 PM

Way to Go Johnny!! Not only do we cling to our guns and our Bible, we take care of our community as well!

JohnnyBlk45 06-14-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 117056)
Way to Go Johnny!! Not only do we cling to our guns and our Bible, we take care of our community as well!

Thank you.......

AdAstra2009 06-14-2009 11:08 PM

Nice, I used to browse your forums but now you can't browse unless you are registered. :rolleyes:

RL357Mag 06-15-2009 12:45 AM

Great Public Relations job. The gun culture needs to get more involved in the community and not isolate themselves. Hat's off to you and your group! When I was a Trout Unlimited member many years ago, my chapter used to do a Source to Sound River Cleanup once a year. (The source being the Housatonic River in Ct. and the Sound being the Long Island Sound) That was great PR work and good for the environment since nobody else ever cleaned up! We pulled literally TONS of garbage off the banks and road sides in a weekend. This produced a LOT of press coverage. If the NRA sponsored something like this they might not be viewed with so much disdain by the non-shooting public, and it would go a long way towards recruiting new enthusiasts into the shooting sports.

JoshX3Magazine 06-15-2009 08:03 AM

That's great stuff man! When our new hunting/archery magazine finally comes together and it comes time to put an issue together, I'd like to do a story on this.

It's great information to get out to the public.

Josh

JohnnyBlk45 06-18-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshX3Magazine (Post 117355)
That's great stuff man! When our new hunting/archery magazine finally comes together and it comes time to put an issue together, I'd like to do a story on this.

It's great information to get out to the public.

Josh

I would like that, just let me know....thanks

Jo da Plumbr 06-18-2009 06:11 PM

That's great that you guys show community pride and responsibility.

One of the reasons I want out of LA is that it seems no one has any pride in their community. I saw a guy throwing a bag of trash out his car window the other day. I yelled at him to clean up after himself. He just flipped me off.