A bet on the range - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > A bet on the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
When I was in my early teens, a neighbor of mine taught me how to light a strike anywhere match with a bullet. We started out with my dad's old Marlin bolt action .22 rifle (not sure of the model, I would have to ask the old man) at 10 yards, using .22 shorts. Dad and I stated practicing the same shot with his 1911, and after a month of trying (hit too low, goodbye match, too high, clean miss), we got to where we could do it to 2 to 3 matches out of every 5.
No offense intended, but I refuse to believe a 13-14 year old can put the edge of a bullet on the edge of a match head (not the bottom edge, though, or goodbye match!) from ten yards half the time with a free hand shot from a handgun.

This is getting out of hand. Someone back me up here.

Blue1

Old 11-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #52

Liked 227 Times on 141 Posts

My pops bet me I couldn't shoot the cap off a Pepsi bottle on my first try with his p22 one time,I had to of been 16 or 17 at the time,we were about 10-15 yards away. Aimed,nailed it... Double or nothing he says,aimed... Nailed it again.

Never saw the money lol

Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 AM   #53
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1797 Times on 998 Posts
Likes Given: 5415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1 View Post
but I refuse to believe a 13-14 year old can put the edge of a bullet on the edge of a match head
Noted, but your refusal to believe has no bearing on what happened.

I have seen things that have astonished me, I have heard of things that shock me. I have had a banana split with caramel.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #54

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

Noted, but your refusal to believe has no bearing on what happened.

I have seen things that have astonished me, I have heard of things that shock me. I have had a banana split with caramel.
I've yet to have the latter, ya got me beat.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #55

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1

No offense intended, but I refuse to believe a 13-14 year old can put the edge of a bullet on the edge of a match head (not the bottom edge, though, or goodbye match!) from ten yards half the time with a free hand shot from a handgun.

Blue1
I'm with ya still. I believe it's possible, but unlikely, especially concerning the source... an online forum personality. If it's true, great, awesome, mad respect, but I don't believe anything I don't see with my own eyes. I'm not of the older generation, with me you're guilty until proven innocent and a liar until proven otherwise. I take nobodies word on anything unless there's logical backing and or physical proof. That said, it's not worth making a scene over. I'm not good at not calling things as I see them, but seems that many don't take to kindly to that and while in person I couldn't care less, online, if you want to stay around, you have to pet eos by either recycling the smoke or staying out of it. I'm learning to abstain, reluctantly. Haha

Old 11-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #56

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

A K-22 fired from a Ransom Rest will not provide the accuracy needed to shoot under a 1/8 of an inch at 25 yards. You can have some luck and do a once in a life time shot. The facts are to make contant hits on a Zippo lighter at 25 yards will escape most casual pistoleers.

My question is. Was that a "Lucky Strike" cigarette?

Old 11-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #57
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8452 Times on 4896 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue1 View Post

Blue1
I'll have my 15 year old practice at it and see how he does. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he could do it.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #58

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong
My pops bet me I couldn't shoot the cap off a Pepsi bottle on my first try with his p22 one time,I had to of been 16 or 17 at the time,we were about 10-15 yards away. Aimed,nailed it... Double or nothing he says,aimed... Nailed it again.

Never saw the money lol
Never saw the money my azz ! It's in that ole f150 you drove, in them size 14 s you had on your feet, etc. Really how much did we bet ?

NEVER FORGET

divinginn Likes This 
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #59
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

If you will allow me to repeat what I put here earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I never said that luck was not part of it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #60

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
If you will allow me to repeat what I put here earlier.
I think all of us have had our, "lucky shots". When you get them back to back, well you better start tipping your hat to the shooter.

Jstrong, (my son) has developed incredible skills with handguns. He was shooting spent shotgun shells at 30 ft with my cz52. After he had shot the line of them, I told him to just keep that gun. My father gave it to me and he was going to get it anyway.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This