Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > A bet on the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #91
hmh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

George Farr

Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I found something that explains my idea of accuracy in handguns.

Search youtube under hickock45 and look for the "Accuracy" video. I'm not saying this guy is the final word on handgun issues, but he explains as I believe, that a handgun's accuracy isn't how it's shot, isn't how it is sighted, but it's inherent mechanical accuracy, meaning how tight a group it will shoot if you locked it into a device that would allow it to shoot multiple shots without moving at all between shots.

Blue1

Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #93
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7739 Times on 4470 Posts
Likes Given: 9983

OK, We did a little playing around with it today. I posted some videos on Youtube, they are marginal quality (new camera, clueless operator (me) so keep that in mind). I am using the automatic focus feature on the camera.

There are two videos, one from the shooting bench and one checking targets. I don't have a good enough zoom to be able to get the target on video from the shooting bench, and I have not (yet) set up a camera stand at the target. The range is 20 yards measured.

Bottom line they are able to hit the match heads and sometimes they smoke off- but none of them lit. It looks like it is doable but it was too cold out to shoot for more than about a half hour. They are using .22 LR, a Ruger 10-22 with a 49 scope and a Remington 413 Targetmaster (bolt action) with iron sights.

I would say that a cigarette would also be doable, especially with a larger round, even with a pistol.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.