Best website for accurate non-biased reviews? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Best website for accurate non-biased reviews?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
mcb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 71 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman55
Don't leave Glocks out..work for lefty's...G-23 is a nice mid sized 40 cal. Go to a gun shop and handle a few, and shoot em if you can. Good Luck
Glocks are simple to operate, reasonably priced, reliable, and come in several calibers and 3 sizes. Great first gun.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #12

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Glocks are simple to operate, reasonably priced, reliable, and come in several calibers and 3 sizes. Great first gun.
Absolutely totaly 100% disagree with the "1st gun" part

Old 12-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #13

I don't like Glocks because they look awful and have a brick for a grip. Friends have a few and I wasn't accurate with them. They are also not very lefty friendly seeing as to convert the mag release to left side would take some work. Really thinking bout the fn fnp9 or the s&w m&p9. Just waiting for the permit which sucks. Takes forever in ny. But I like best9mm.com. Pretty good selection for the under $600 quota.

Also gun buster is horrible. That guy says "A" more than a Canadian.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

There are no single sources for 100% "truth," ESPECIALLY when concerning firearms. If you limit your sources, you might get lucky and get a genuinely good bit of information, or you might not.

For example, and just as an example, consider Glocks. They are the single most widely used sidearm among police around the country. They have an extremely well-deserved reputation for functional reliability. Yet, most everyone on this forum hates them. Not to knock on anyone here, but this forum is among an extreme minority of groups who have a majority who genuinely dislike Glocks. In fact, this was the first forum I ever saw in which such open hostility toward them was so common--everywhere else, even 1911, XD, and other general firearms forums, the worst sentiments still include an admission that they are indeed tough, reliable, simple, and budget-oriented. Conversely, here, if you ask about Glocks you'll leave believing that they are practically the worst gun on the planet and that clearly the millions of owners were just sold into hype :P .

I'm not trying to push Glocks or anything (though I do think they are fantastic fighting guns), I just think you should be willing to spread out your research to many different sources if you genuinely want the best info. Lots of it will likely be contradicting, but you will learn to be able to take things with a grain of salt and sort out the biased opinions from general information.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Absolutely totaly 100% disagree with the "1st gun" part
What makes a better first gun than something that is very simple, very reliable, very easy to use, and has a low initial cost?

Old 12-23-2011, 02:13 AM   #16

Lindenwood I really agree with what you just posted. I am so surprised about how much different opinion there is out there. I agree with what you said about Glocks I just don't like them. I have had a few rounds through a few different models. I am basing some of my thoughts on shooting a HK p2000 .40. The fnx and m&p are comparable. I want a 9mm to start because the ammo is cheaper and feel its a better first gun to have. So my opinion is biased. I have seen alot of different reviews for every gun. Guess its just like politics. Just very surprised there is no really big gun review site out there.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:13 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I really like the m&p and the xdm both imo I like better than the glock. Not saying the glock is a Bad gun because it's not,they are very good just don't care for the feel of the gun. But IMO its what works best for each person!!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #18

Liked 337 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcast View Post
I don't like Glocks because they look awful and have a brick for a grip. Friends have a few and I wasn't accurate with them. They are also not very lefty friendly seeing as to convert the mag release to left side would take some work. Really thinking bout the fn fnp9 or the s&w m&p9. Just waiting for the permit which sucks. Takes forever in ny. But I like best9mm.com. Pretty good selection for the under $600 quota.
Interesting site. This stuff is all pretty subjective, but at least they got #1 right!

Get ahold of each XDm, M&P, SR9, FNP, etc....play with the controls a bit, and you'll probably have your answer. The only part of an XDm that isn't ambi is the slide lock and take down lever, which shouldn't really be an issue.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #19

I guess it all comes down to pissing off the gun store I go to and having them show me guns for 2 hours. I am picky as all heck if you can't tell. Spending $500 on a handgun on top of it being something that can save my life/protect my home and gf. Just stinks that where I am in NY they don't really have a test range. I would love that.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #20

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a FNX , XD in 40 and the CZ P-07 in 9mm. Of all three , and they all 3 are solid pistols, I like the FN best. Go look at it and handle it. Accurate and reliable. I've looked at the M&P several times and just don't like it. My next purchase will be the Walther PPQ in 9mm.