Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best Walther PPK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
CJx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Best Walther PPK

Hopefully this topic doesn't spark too much controversy.
From what I understand there are three types of popular PPKs, a German made Walther (which I can't find anywhere on the net,) Interarms PPK, and S&W PPK variant.
I can't find much info on the original German made walther, but from the little I've seen it has the best rep. Interarms seems to have a lot of criticism, and S&W apparently had a recall a while back.
I'm partial to the S&W PPK due to American engineering. I'm not in a position to purchase this weapon but I am very interested in it, and would like to know peoples opinions on which PPK you have and how it has performed for you.
Also, anyone know of a website that discusses the German made PPK? How do you identify a German made PPK from a S&W PPK?

Last edited by CJx; 08-23-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1182

German, French (Manurhin) and S&W. "Made in Germany" will give a hint. Walther had the Mannurhin produce some of his pistols during and after WWII.

http://www.waltherarms.com/

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 08-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #3

Liked 238 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx
Hopefully this topic doesn't spark too much controversy.
From what I understand there are three types of popular PPKs, a German made Walther (which I can't find anywhere on the net,) Interarms PPK, and S&W PPK variant.
I can't find much info on the original German made walther, but from the little I've seen it has the best rep. Interarms seems to have a lot of criticism, and S&W apparently had a recall a while back.
I'm partial to the S&W PPK due to American engineering. I'm not in a position to purchase this weapon but I am very interested in it, and would like to know peoples opinions on which PPK you have and how it has performed for you.
Also, anyone know of a website that discusses the German made PPK? How do you identify a German made PPK from a S&W PPK?
I have a SS PPK that I have put about 300 rounds through. Bought it when I was totally clueless, and I am only half clueless now. It had a couple FTE during the first 50 rounds. Probably because I did not clean and lube the weapon before its first use. Since then it has been flawless even when using cheap, crappy ammo. I wasn't informed enough to be worried about where it was made when I got it. It is accurate for me up to about 10 yards. At 15 my shooting starts becoming a little more scattered with the PPK. It was made in the USA and has been good for me. I really enjoy it, and it feels very well made.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1182

I have 2 PPK/s'.
One in .380, the other in.22lr.
Both are Manurhin manufacture.
I have excellent accuracy out to 25 yrds. The .22 runs sweet on HV ammo.

Walther is touchy about who makes their firearms under license.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)