Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best Man Stopper Round???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Pffft, please. That ain't got nothing on this bad boy,

Attachment 3848

Holy crap!!! Now that's gonna cause some nightmares!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Pffft, please. That ain't got nothing on this bad boy,

Well, that's 'cause I just showed her headshot, I wanted to spare your eyes. The rest of the pic was full bodied nudity....

Oh, and back on topic, the 30-06, right in the breastbone.

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #13

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be practicing but am trying to learn as much as I can about firearms and ammo from seasoned folks.

One other question. it was asked if my weapon is rated for +P or +P+ ammo. What is +P and +P+ ammo?

I would imagine that it would be rated for that but will definitely check before I use it in my weapon. Again, I appreciate everyone's help

Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post

One other question. it was asked if my weapon is rated for +P or +P+ ammo. What is +P and +P+ ammo?
These are factory rounds that are loaded to a hotter, or higher, chamber pressure, therefor launching the bullet at faster speeds with greater intent to harm.

+P is first, +P+ is a bit hotter than that.

230 grains of .45 ACP, with a +P rating, shooting from a 5 inch barrel in my 1911 generates about 890 to 900fps ( or so depending on temperature ).

This translates to a big, heavy bullet moving fast enough to enter like a quarter and leave like a grapefruit.

JD

Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #15

Default A Great round

Ranger SXTs or HST +p are great for the .45. Much destruction to be had from these rounds. Just make sure whatever you choose cycles reliably.

All it takes for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing....

Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I use HydraShock for PD rounds but the best round is only as good as the placement so consistant practice is as important. When I practice I shoot fmj rounds of the same weight as my PD rounds then finish practice with one mag of the PD rounds to double check feeding and placement.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default HydraShocks for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Any of the rounds listed AS LONG AS THEY CYCLE IN YOUR WEAPON 100.0000% of the time.

Autos can be finicky about what they eat. If it fails to cycle, you either have a single shot, or a poorly designed club. Regardless of whether the bullet is the Plutonium Nitrate Rhino Shredder.

And a thought I have had expressed to me- find out what the closest law enforcement agency that uses your caliber issues. Just in case you ever face a lawyer demanding to know WHY you chose ammo designed to produce the maximum injury possible. "I picked that one because the deputies standing over there carry it. That's what the department issues to all their officers- so I figured it would be a good choice. "
My same thoughts c3. Our local Sheriff's Dept. carries Hydra. in their Glock 21's. Good enough for them=good enough for me I carry a Colt 1911!--Better I think than TupperWare

NRA Life MEMBER 1976