Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best Home Defense Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
wow this looks cool, did i read it right that the material is reusable?
Yes it is. So you can shoot it and then melt it down or what ever and reuse it.

For $85 a pop it better be reusable.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #32

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
wow i have been a member for 1 day and learned so much already....cool deal thank you for that info...does any one have any suggestions as to where i can beging to educate myself on ammo and firearms (specifically handguns)
Ok, I just have to ask. You already state you own a number of shotguns and a 9mm Sig - seriously? The tone and content of your questions, especially this last one, just seems a bit weird coming from sombody that already owns multiple guns...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Ok, I just have to ask. You already state you own a number of shotguns and a 9mm Sig - seriously? The tone and content of your questions, especially this last one, just seems a bit weird coming from sombody that already owns multiple guns...
i am fairly knowledgable about the shotguns i own however the sig is my first handgun and i bought it for my own personall use and home defense, i bought it because my wife can not really grip or shoot my 12 guages they are too powerful for her, so we got the sig, which is an awesome gun...not only a name brand i trust but i love the way it felt in my hands and how smooth everything opperated... when i shot it i knew i wanted it....

now the tone from your post suggest to me that you have a problem with me asking questions about my guns-seriously? is there something wrong with me wanting to educate myself more about the safety, availability, and use of my weapons/ammo?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #34

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
i am fairly knowledgable about the shotguns i own however the sig is my first handgun and i bought it for my own personall use and home defense, i bought it because my wife can not really grip or shoot my 12 guages they are too powerful for her, so we got the sig, which is an awesome gun...not only a name brand i trust but i love the way it felt in my hands and how smooth everything opperated... when i shot it i knew i wanted it....

now the tone from your post suggest to me that you have a problem with me asking questions about my guns-seriously? is there something wrong with me wanting to educate myself more about the safety, availability, and use of my weapons/ammo?
Nope, but we have a lot of folks come here and say they have XX guns and XX years of experience when in reality they have none. It's rare to see someone that owns a gun, especially an expensive gun like a Sig, to know so very little about what ammo to use.

We're all glad to help but being a tad skeptical is the nature of the beast...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'd stick with the shotties for home defense use.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
just curious, why would i want the bullet to drop in energy?
The transfer of the energy from the bullet to the body is what does the damage. That's why higher powered, heavier bullets do more damage than hand thrown rocks.

Energy=Mass times (time squared) IE, the more mass and velocity, the more damage will be done when the projectile hits a target.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Last edited by matt g; 10-08-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Nope, but we have a lot of folks come here and say they have XX guns and XX years of experience when in reality they have none. It's rare to see someone that owns a gun, especially an expensive gun like a Sig, to know so very little about what ammo to use.

We're all glad to help but being a tad skeptical is the nature of the beast...
Got yuh, yeah i wanted to buy something nice, if i am gunna start out i figured i should buy a decent gun not a crappy one you know...nothing wrong with learning on good equipment

Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Got yuh, yeah i wanted to buy something nice, if i am gunna start out i figured i should buy a decent gun not a crappy one you know...nothing wrong with learning on good equipment
I learned to shoot handguns on Army issue M9s. After I got out of the Army, I "stepped up" and refined my skills with an H&K USP chambered in .45 ACP. I traded it in on a Kimber Compact II. It took a 1911 for me to really hone my skills. At the height of my shooting, I was able to drop a full 7 round magazine into a 10 inch steel, at 50 yards, in under 10 seconds, a feat that I could never do with bulky, clumsy DA/SA pistols.

The Sigs have the best of the SA/DA actions though.

Roger Waters

Old 10-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I learned to shoot handguns on Army issue M9s. After I got out of the Army, I "stepped up" and refined my skills with an H&K USP chambered in .45 ACP. I traded it in on a Kimber Compact II. It took a 1911 for me to really hone my skills. At the height of my shooting, I was able to drop a full 7 round magazine into a 10 inch steel, at 50 yards, in under 10 seconds, a feat that I could never do with bulky, clumsy DA/SA pistols.

The Sigs have the best of the SA/DA actions though.
word cool deal thanks guys