Best handgun you have tried, but dont own youself! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best handgun you have tried, but dont own youself!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2872 Times on 1578 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Best feel/ergonomics, Steyr M40. I see they are being imported again in M9 & M40. Sights are very interesting. Trigger not so great but the new ones are supposed be improved. The only 40 I have shot that I actually liked.
steyr_m-a1_1.jpg  

Old 05-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am not sure i can say just one pistol that i have shot and liked and wished i owned. just too many i have shot over the years, with many that i would love to have. but a couple of standouts that stay in my thoughts.

my father has one of the older Dan Wesson Model 15-2's that i have shot and really like. so that one makes the list for sure.

buddy of mine yearsago had one of the older Colt Woodsman target pistols. now that was one sweet shooting pistol, but most are usually out of my price range.

a friend and co-worker let me try out the Ruger Security Six he had inherited from his grandfather. very nice shooting pistol.

same friend let me try out his T/C Contender in 7-30 Waters and 223. really enjoyed that one. i like the number of different cartridges you can get for it. that pistol with the scope was a blast to shoot and would like to have one of those as well. and a person can keep adding more barrels in different calibers as the mood strikes.
People Like This 
Old 05-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #23

Liked 280 Times on 193 Posts

Mine would have to be a Springfield Armory Range Officer .45, S&W 460XVR, Colt Lawman .357, Uberti Man With No Name .38 Special, or a J.P. Sauer & Sohn .357 single action. I loved all of them.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
... buddy of mine yearsago had one of the older Colt Woodsman target pistols. now that was one sweet shooting pistol, but most are usually out of my price range...
Oh yeah! I should have said Colt Woodsman over the Buckmark!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #25

Liked 270 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Hard to beat a 29 with even a factory trigger -
I've given the Model 29 a trial:

Bob Wright
People Like This 
Old 05-14-2014, 02:20 AM   #26
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Best handgun you have tried, but dont own youself!

I had a Model 57 until I traded it in on the Dan Wesson 41. It's the most powerful handgun caliber I own. Shot it a lot with light loads and 41 Spl. Back east...here it's one of my "Desert " guns,...

Bob, I'm guessing a 4", 5"(?), and two 6"??

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #27

Liked 602 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 845

The one that comes to mind is the Ruger Redhawk in 41 magnum! I've had several blackhawks over the years in 357 and 44 magnum. But I've always wanted the double action and it should be in the mid-engine of the magnum line the .41!!!!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #28

Liked 426 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 7

my dad's Ruger mk II with a 9" heavy barrel. that thing shoots straighter than one of my 22 rifles.

dad passed on 14 years ago, but no one in the family claims his guns as theirs, they're all still "his"....which is the way it should be

Old 05-14-2014, 03:52 AM   #29

Liked 280 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Oh yeah! I should have said Colt Woodsman over the Buckmark!
Colt Woodsman would have been one of mine to if I didn't have one. Mine is a 4" Third Series Match Target. Another one of mine would've been my S&W Model 41 and Colt Diamondback .22LR.
1400039418800.jpg   1400039454737.jpg   1400039515266.jpg  

Old 05-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #30
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2324 Times on 1416 Posts
Likes Given: 12739

There is no way i can limit to just one, but I will keep it to two.

My grandfather had a pair of Colts that I absolutely loved to get some trigger time on when we went to the range. The first was a colt officer's model that was set up as a .22 with the heft and balance of a .38. He made a custom grip for it from wood scraps in his shop, and it came with target sights when he bought it. He used to shoot bull's eye for the Troop A team out of Batavia.

The second was his 4 inch, blued Colt Python with a trigger shoe that he picked up from a local smith (it was the smith's personal weapon, grand dad talked him into selling it) when the NYSP switched from the .45 Colts to the .38 Special. After watching another trooper have to empty and reload his .38 to put down a deer hit along the Thruway, he decide to look for something a little bigger. the reason he went for the Python was that he could fire both .38 and .357 through it so the state would still be buying his qualification rounds. the reason for talking Pete out of his own pistol was this. It would have taken 2 months for him to get another one in at the time, so my grandfather payed for the new one for him, and took the one he had.

Both pieces are now in Nebraska with one of my uncles as per his and gramp's request. next time I get out by Omaha, I'll have to see about meeting my uncle at the range. Have a little fun while we remember him.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
Axxe55 Likes This