Best gun for retail security - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best gun for retail security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just trying to think outside of the box.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
But what about the danger of 'splash' on innocent bystanders?
Collateral damage is, unfortunately, inevitable.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good thinking SS. Indirect fire is a good option to have.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Retail Counter-Aggression

Versatility is really the key here. For a primary weapon I'd probably outfit 50% of my floor-level team with Saiga 12's (25rd drum fed, of course), and the other 50% with SCARs. This affords you both the options of overwhelming force as well as precision fire. That said, it only works if you've got a couple of qualified spotters/shooters in the rafters. A friend of mine worked the high side on a team for a time (they're called BATMEN in the industry, as I'm sure you're aware). Anyway, he found the 6.8spc to be the round of choice for this sort of work.

Make sure you get run-flats on your golf carts/segways. It's a common oversight that often renders your mobile aggression tools obsolete.

Best of luck.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #26

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I think we've overlooked one of the most important part of any retail operator's arsenal: silencers.
You're going to need suppressors on EVERYTHING. Think about it; hundreds if not thousands of people in a single structure with maybe 10 exits? When the gunfire erupts, the stampede for the door could claim more lives than the firefight itself. AND with all the commotion at the door, you have no viable means of egress to go after any getaway drivers. Suppressors are a must.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5818 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
But what about the danger of 'splash' on innocent bystanders?
its a sacrifice i would be willing for the innocent to make. you can always get some of those paintball grenade launchers:

Rocket Propelled Grenade Paintball Launcher (RPG)

Quote:
The NEW Rocket Propelled Grenade Launchers (RPG) for scenario paintball and Airsoft! The new grenade launcher add whole new elements and dimensions to scenario gaming and Airsoft, enabling even more realistic challenges--now you can take out a tank or bunker with dedicated, accurate, realistic equipment! For military combat training, the Rocket Propelled grenade launchers provide greater realism and make the battlefield seem--and play--as real as possible.

The new Rocket Propelled grenade launchers shoot an assortment of projectiles, depending on the application. This grenade launcher able to shoot paint grenades, 6mm paintballs, .43 caliber paintballs, .68 caliber paintballs, and Nerf Rockets...more than 200 feet!

This is shoulder-launched and require two people to operate efficiently in the middle of a fire fight. The system can operate with both CO2 and compressed air, and air can be attached by a remote line. This launcher is easy to operate and maintain, operating most efficiently at 200psi...with minimum air consumption.

Like its real-world counterparts revolutionized ground maneuvers, the new Rocket Propelled grenade launcher will change how Airsoft and paintball games are played. It will bring the sport to a completely new level of realism and excitement!

The RPG uses a remoteline as the main air source.
just load that puppy up with a hot steaming bag of monkey feces and no mall rat will dare challange your segway powered justice.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Gotta agree on the suppressors all-around; can't be causing a panic in these tight economic times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
just load that puppy up with a hot steaming bag of monkey feces and no mall rat will dare challange your segway powered justice.
Armpatch

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
its a sacrifice i would be willing for the innocent to make.
That one line might be the most cleverly hilarious quote I've ever read on these boards.

...a sacrifice I would be willing for them to make. How noble of you. It's like some weird form of political poetry.

Well done Jon.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #30

I think it depends. Are you going to be one of the lamenecks loping around the mall busting kids for riding their 'wheelies' shoes and moving people from the fire lane or a real tactical response guy? For the regular, busting teenage smokers and giving old ladies directions to the hair salon, any holster queen will do.

Now, if you are going to be part of a three man Fast Action Response Team in a major retail center, you will need some serious firepower. You'll need to cover every angle. Body armor, long distance threat neutralization weapons, CQB guns, certainly a suppressed threat eliminator, and an everyday repertoire of ultra reliable handguns.

You should consider some serious MMA training as well as getting scuba qualified in the event the venue has a large water feature. Consider some driving courses in the event you need to use the security golfcart to run down a perp. Do not take the job of potentially saving the Governor's nephew from child predators lightly.

Don't expect ticker tape parades. This is a job for the humblest of men. Getting into the line of fire for civilians who may never know your sacrifice is just part of it.

Good luck with your new endeavor. There are lots of experienced operators on the internet that can guide you along the way.